Accommodation is the Piaget's term for the way children alter their intellectual framework for dealing with the world when new experiences cannot be assimilated within it.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Willingness to accommodate; obligingness.
- Whatever supplies a want or affords ease, refreshment, or convenience; anything furnished which is desired or needful; -- often in the plural; as, the accommodations -- that is, lodgings and food -- at an inn.
- An adjustment of differences; state of agreement; reconciliation; settlement.
- The application of a writer's language, on the ground of analogy, to something not originally referred to or intended.
- A loan of money.
- An accommodation bill or note.
More from this Section
- Need for achievement
Need for achievement (nAch) which is the drive to succeed and excel in relation to a set ...
- Coacting group
Coacting group is the sociological term for people who share the same goal but work towards ...
- Social cognition
The cognitive processes by which people understand and make sense of others and themselves, ...
- Type A behavior pattern
Type A behavior pattern is a cluster of behaviors involving hostility, competitiveness, ...
- Stranger anxiety
Stranger anxiety is a fear of strangers (or, more particularly, of unfamiliar faces) that ...