Accommodation is the Piaget's term for the way children alter their intellectual framework for dealing with the world when new experiences cannot be assimilated within it.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Willingness to accommodate; obligingness.
- Whatever supplies a want or affords ease, refreshment, or convenience; anything furnished which is desired or needful; -- often in the plural; as, the accommodations -- that is, lodgings and food -- at an inn.
- An adjustment of differences; state of agreement; reconciliation; settlement.
- The application of a writer's language, on the ground of analogy, to something not originally referred to or intended.
- A loan of money.
- An accommodation bill or note.
More from this Section
- Minimax strategy
In game theory, minimax strategy is the strategy of choosing to minimize loss rather than ...
- Latency period
According to Freud, the latency period between the phallic stage and puberty during which ...
- Control group
A group participating in an experiment that receives no treatment, is called control ...
Mathematically, parameter is a constant in an equation that defines the form of the curve; ...
Attachment is the positive emotional bond that develops between a child and a particular ...