Accommodation is the Piaget's term for the way children alter their intellectual framework for dealing with the world when new experiences cannot be assimilated within it.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Willingness to accommodate; obligingness.
- Whatever supplies a want or affords ease, refreshment, or convenience; anything furnished which is desired or needful; -- often in the plural; as, the accommodations -- that is, lodgings and food -- at an inn.
- An adjustment of differences; state of agreement; reconciliation; settlement.
- The application of a writer's language, on the ground of analogy, to something not originally referred to or intended.
- A loan of money.
- An accommodation bill or note.
More from this Section
- Activation-synthesis theory
Hobson’s proposed activation-synthesis theory that the brain produces random electrical ...
Symbiosis is the living together of two or more organisms; microbial association. ...
Brainwashing is an attempt to coerce someone into radically changing their beliefs or ...
- Nesting instinct
Nesting instinct is the apparently innate activity of birds in building themselves a nest. ...
According to Lung, introversion is a basic personality dimension of being withdrawn, inward-looking ...