Accommodation is the Piaget's term for the way children alter their intellectual framework for dealing with the world when new experiences cannot be assimilated within it.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Willingness to accommodate; obligingness.
- Whatever supplies a want or affords ease, refreshment, or convenience; anything furnished which is desired or needful; -- often in the plural; as, the accommodations -- that is, lodgings and food -- at an inn.
- An adjustment of differences; state of agreement; reconciliation; settlement.
- The application of a writer's language, on the ground of analogy, to something not originally referred to or intended.
- A loan of money.
- An accommodation bill or note.
More from this Section
- Boomerang effect
Boomerang effect is a term used in social psychology in the study of attitude change. ...
- Distributed cognition
Distributed cognition is the idea that the achievement of many social goals is only possible ...
- Terminal buttons
Small bulges at the end of axons that send messages to other neurons, is called terminal ...
Intropunitive refers to blaming and punishing oneself, or feeling guilty and humiliated, ...
Assimilation occurs when one organization willingly gives up its culture and is absorbed ...