Accommodation is the Piaget's term for the way children alter their intellectual framework for dealing with the world when new experiences cannot be assimilated within it.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Willingness to accommodate; obligingness.
- Whatever supplies a want or affords ease, refreshment, or convenience; anything furnished which is desired or needful; -- often in the plural; as, the accommodations -- that is, lodgings and food -- at an inn.
- An adjustment of differences; state of agreement; reconciliation; settlement.
- The application of a writer's language, on the ground of analogy, to something not originally referred to or intended.
- A loan of money.
- An accommodation bill or note.
More from this Section
In psychology, hedonism is the idea that all of our behaviour is motivated by a need to ...
- Obsessive-compulsive neurosis
Obsessive-compulsive neurosis is a neurosis in which an individual is not only obsessed ...
- Plantar reflex
Plantar reflex is the automatic curling downward of the toes when the sole of the foot ...
Echolocation is a technique for locating objects in the environment by emitting sound ...
- Counterfactual Thinking
Counterfactual Thinking is a technique for increasing compliance in which target persons ...