Accommodation is the Piaget's term for the way children alter their intellectual framework for dealing with the world when new experiences cannot be assimilated within it.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Willingness to accommodate; obligingness.
- Whatever supplies a want or affords ease, refreshment, or convenience; anything furnished which is desired or needful; -- often in the plural; as, the accommodations -- that is, lodgings and food -- at an inn.
- An adjustment of differences; state of agreement; reconciliation; settlement.
- The application of a writer's language, on the ground of analogy, to something not originally referred to or intended.
- A loan of money.
- An accommodation bill or note.
More from this Section
- Laws of association
Laws of association is the principle underlying the connections in the memory between ...
Functionalism is an early approach to psychology that concentrated on what the mind does-the ...
Fixations conflicts or concerns that persist beyond the developmental period in which ...
- passive-aggressive personality
A passive-aggressive personality is a person who expresses anger and hostility by oscillating ...
Experimentation method of research in which one or more factors (the independent variables) ...