Agile manufacture is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environment that are dynamic and flexible enough to instantaneously produce customized goods and services in different quantities and effortlessly switch the manufacturing process from one product to another.
Agile organizations have four key characteristics:
- The ability to thrive on constant change
- Recognition by the organization that people are its main asset.
- Incorporation of the virtual-company idea through the use of telecommunications.
- A focus on creating products and services with real added value.
More from this Section
Assembler refers to a program used to assembly language into machine language. ...
- The role of neural networks in information processing
A neural network is a program that models the capabilities of the human brain; it consists ...
- Computer vision
Computer vision is a field of study that endows computers with the ability to recognize ...
- Industry Standard Architecture (ISA) Bus
Industry Standard Architecture (ISA) Bus is the type of electronical connection used in ...
- Informal system
Informal Systems is the systems created by ad hoc, informal work groups to support information ...