Agile manufacture is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environment that are dynamic and flexible enough to instantaneously produce customized goods and services in different quantities and effortlessly switch the manufacturing process from one product to another.
Agile organizations have four key characteristics:
- The ability to thrive on constant change
- Recognition by the organization that people are its main asset.
- Incorporation of the virtual-company idea through the use of telecommunications.
- A focus on creating products and services with real added value.
More from this Section
- Floppy disks
Floppy disks are 5.25-inch or 3.5-inch storage diskettes made of polyester film with a ...
DOS is a single-user system- that is , only one user at a time can use the computer. The ...
- Human resource information systems
Systems that support the planning, control, coordination, administration, and management ...
- Industry Standard Architecture (ISA) Bus
Industry Standard Architecture (ISA) Bus is the type of electronical connection used in ...
- Network model
Network model refers to a model in which the relationships among data elements are represented ...