Agile manufacture is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environment that are dynamic and flexible enough to instantaneously produce customized goods and services in different quantities and effortlessly switch the manufacturing process from one product to another.
Agile organizations have four key characteristics:
- The ability to thrive on constant change
- Recognition by the organization that people are its main asset.
- Incorporation of the virtual-company idea through the use of telecommunications.
- A focus on creating products and services with real added value.
More from this Section
- General ledger systems
General ledger systems generate the company’s income statements and balance sheets and ...
- DSS shell
DSS shell is a program that is used to build a customized DSS. It has a skeletal version ...
- Personal Information Systems (PIS)
Personal Information Systems (PIS) are those that support the information needs of individual ...
- Knowledge representation
Knowledge representation is the conversion of the knowledge and judgment of the expert ...
COBOL is an acronym for Common Business-Oriented Language. The program was developed at ...