Agile manufacture is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environment that are dynamic and flexible enough to instantaneously produce customized goods and services in different quantities and effortlessly switch the manufacturing process from one product to another.
Agile organizations have four key characteristics:
- The ability to thrive on constant change
- Recognition by the organization that people are its main asset.
- Incorporation of the virtual-company idea through the use of telecommunications.
- A focus on creating products and services with real added value.
More from this Section
- Secure Hyper-text Transport Protocol (S-HTTP)
Secure Hyper-text Transport Protocol (S-HTTP) refers to an extension of HTTP that provides ...
- Mixed Chaining
Mixed Chaining refers to the use of both forward chaining and backward chaining to solve ...
- Wide-area networks (WANs)
Wide-area networks (WANs)— networks that span large geographical areas, sometimes even ...
- Fiber-optic cable
Fiber-optic cable consists of thousands of hair-thin strands of glass or plastic, bound ...
- Frequency Division Multiplexing
Frequency Division Multiplexing is a type of multiplexing format in which a channel with ...