Agile manufacture is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environment that are dynamic and flexible enough to instantaneously produce customized goods and services in different quantities and effortlessly switch the manufacturing process from one product to another.
Agile organizations have four key characteristics:
- The ability to thrive on constant change
- Recognition by the organization that people are its main asset.
- Incorporation of the virtual-company idea through the use of telecommunications.
- A focus on creating products and services with real added value.
More from this Section
- Semistructured decisions
Semi structured decisions fall somewhere between structured decisions, which routine and ...
Semiconductor refers to chip that is made up of several thousands of transistors fused ...
- Derived information
Derived information is a function of an EIS that allows managers to find the cause or ...
- Peer-to-peer relationship
Peer-to-peer relationship is an arrangement whereby all devices on a network have equal ...
- Speech recognition
Speech recognition is a field of study whose goal to enable computers to recognize and ...