Agile manufacturing is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environments that are dynamic and flexible enough to instantaneously produce customized goods and services in different quantities and effortlessly switch the manufacturing process from one product to another.
Agile organizations have four key characteristics:
- The ability to thrive on constant change
- Recognition by the organization that people are its main asset
- Incorporation of the virtual-company idea through the use of telecommunications
- A focus on creating products and services with real added value.
More from this Section
- Transmission mode
Transmission mode is the mode in which data are transmitted over the network. There are ...
- Sequential file organization
Sequential file organization means the use of unique keys to sequentially store the contents ...
- The data hierarchy
The data hierarchy— a database is made up of records, records consist of fields, fields ...
- Audit Trail
An audit trail of an application is showing who corrected each error and when and how ...
- Batch Processing
In batch processing, transactions are accumulated over a certain period of time, such ...