Agile manufacturing is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environments that are dynamic and flexible enough to instantaneously produce customized goods and services in different quantities and effortlessly switch the manufacturing process from one product to another.
Agile organizations have four key characteristics:
- The ability to thrive on constant change
- Recognition by the organization that people are its main asset
- Incorporation of the virtual-company idea through the use of telecommunications
- A focus on creating products and services with real added value.
More from this Section
- Neural networks (NNs)
Neural networks (NNs) are intelligent programs that model the capabilities of the human ...
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is an input device that scans data from paper documents ...
- Pyramid structure
Pyramid or hierarchical structure is one of the popular and traditional organizational ...
Data processed and converted into a form that is useful and meaningful to the decision ...
- Wide-area networks (WANs)
Wide-area networks (WANs)— networks that span large geographical areas, sometimes even ...