Agile manufacturing is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environments that are dynamic and flexible enough to instantaneously produce customized goods and services in different quantities and effortlessly switch the manufacturing process from one product to another.
Agile organizations have four key characteristics:
- The ability to thrive on constant change
- Recognition by the organization that people are its main asset
- Incorporation of the virtual-company idea through the use of telecommunications
- A focus on creating products and services with real added value.
More from this Section
- Financial and accounting information systems (FAIS)
Systems are systems that provides information related to the accounting and financial ...
- Entity relationship diagram (ERD)
Entity relationship diagram (ERD) is graphical tool that identifies and represents the ...
- Secure socket layer (SSL)
Secure socket layer (SSL) is a transport mechanism developed by Netscape Communication ...
- Cash management systems
Cash management systems are those systems that ensure that the organization has enough ...
- Bounded media
In a bounded medium, the signals are confined to the medium; they never leave it. The ...