Agile manufacturing is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environments that are dynamic and flexible enough to instantaneously produce customized goods and services in different quantities and effortlessly switch the manufacturing process from one product to another.
Agile organizations have four key characteristics:
- The ability to thrive on constant change
- Recognition by the organization that people are its main asset
- Incorporation of the virtual-company idea through the use of telecommunications
- A focus on creating products and services with real added value.
More from this Section
Spreadsheets refer to programs that are used for applications involving numerical analysis, ...
- Office automation tools
Office automation tools include electronic publishing and processing systems and group ...
- Voice recognition
Voice recognition is an input device that responds to the human voice to execute computer ...
- Strategic information systems plan (SISP)
Identifies the information systems and technologies required to support the business strategy ...
Multiplexer is a device that performs multiplexing which is the process of transmitting ...