Agile manufacturing is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environments that are dynamic and flexible enough to instantaneously produce customized goods and services in different quantities and effortlessly switch the manufacturing process from one product to another.
Agile organizations have four key characteristics:
- The ability to thrive on constant change
- Recognition by the organization that people are its main asset
- Incorporation of the virtual-company idea through the use of telecommunications
- A focus on creating products and services with real added value.
More from this Section
- Model building
Model building is a function found in DSS and EIS that identifies and develops decision ...
- Data manipulation language (DML)
Data manipulation language (DML) is the language that processes and manipulates the data ...
- Computer literacy
- DSS shell
DSS shell is a program that is used to build a customized DSS. It has a skeletal version ...
Gopher is the second type of information retrieval tool available on the internet that ...