Agile manufacturing is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environments that are dynamic and flexible enough to instantaneously produce customized goods and services in different quantities and effortlessly switch the manufacturing process from one product to another.
Agile organizations have four key characteristics:
- The ability to thrive on constant change
- Recognition by the organization that people are its main asset
- Incorporation of the virtual-company idea through the use of telecommunications
- A focus on creating products and services with real added value.
More from this Section
- Wide Area Information Server (WAIS)
Wide Area Information Server (WAIS) is a search system that accesses servers all over ...
- Cash management systems
Cash management systems are those systems that ensure that the organization has enough ...
- Sequential file organization
Sequential file organization means the use of unique keys to sequentially store the contents ...
- Keypad-response system
Keypad-response system is a type of GDSS in which group members use hand-held keypads ...
- World Wide Web (WWW)
World Wide Web (WWW) is one of the newest and most popular hypertext-based internet tools ...