Alienation is worker dissatisfaction, the lack of a sense of fulfilment when a worker cannot see any positive result of his or her work.
Alienation is a term with various shades of psychological and sociological meaning, all of which refer in common to feelings of being estranged, separated and powerless, whether in relation to oneself, to nature , to other people, to wealth and the means of production in a society, or else to society as a whole.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A transfer of title, or a legal conveyance of property to another.
- A withdrawing or estrangement, as of the affections.
- Mental alienation; derangement of the mental faculties; insanity; as, alienation of mind.
More from this Section
CA means chronological age. Used along with mental age in computing an IQ score. ...
- Nonsense syllables
Three-letter combinations like ZEJ and TUZ that have no meaning for the subject (at least ...
- Great Person Theory (of Leadership)
Great Person Theory (of Leadership) suggesting that all great leaders share key traits ...
- One-way screen
One-way screen is a window into a room that looks like a mirror to the subject on the ...
- Cognitive treatment approaches
Cognitive treatment approaches teach people to think in more adaptive ways by changing ...