Approach is a step of selling process where a salesperson meets the customer for the first time.
During the approach step, the salesperson should know how to meet and greet the buyer and get the relationship off to a good start. This step involves the salesperson’s appearance, opening lines, and follow-up remarks. The opening lines should be positive to build goodwill from the outset. This opening might be followed by some key questions to learn more about the customer’s needs or by showing a display or sample to attract the buyer’s attention and curiosity. As in all stages of the selling process, listening toe the customer is crucial.
Approach is the third step in the selling process: the salesperson makes actual contact with the prospect and prepares to deliver a sales presentation.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To draw near, in a figurative sense; to make advances; to approximate; as, he approaches to the character of the ablest statesman.
- The act of drawing near; a coming or advancing near.
- A access, or opportunity of drawing near.
- Movements to gain favor; advances.
- A way, passage, or avenue by which a place or buildings can be approached; an access.
- The advanced works, trenches, or covered roads made by besiegers in their advances toward a fortress or military post.
- See Approaching.
- To come near to in place, time, or character; to draw nearer to; as, to approach the city; to approach my cabin; he approached the age of manhood.
- To take approaches to.
More from this Section
- Gross profit on sales
Gross profit on sales is the profit that a company made after deducting cost of goods ...
- Expected product
Expected product is a set of attributes and conditions buyers normally expect when they ...
- Test marketing
Test marketing is the stage of new-product development at which the product and its proposed ...
- Belief in Marketing
A Belief is a descriptive thought that a person holds about something. ...
Properties are intangible rights of ownership to either real property (real state) or ...