Buffer is a temporary storage area that a device uses to contain incoming data before it can be processed for input or to contain outgoing data before it can be sent as output.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A pad or cushion forming the end of a fender, which receives the blow; -- sometimes called buffing apparatus.
- One who polishes with a buff.
- A wheel for buffing; a buff.
- A good-humored, slow-witted fellow; -- usually said of an elderly man.
More from this Section
- Packet switching
A transmission method that sends packets across a networking medium that supports multiple ...
- Open Data-link Interface (ODI)
Open Data-link Interface (ODI) is a specification developed by Apple Computer and Novell ...
Object is a portion of software that works with other portion to provide services. Each ...
- Web browser
Web browser means the combination of hardware and software that stores information that ...
Sheath which the outer layer of coating on a cable; sometimes also called the jacket. ...