Buffer is a temporary storage area that a device uses to contain incoming data before it can be processed for input or to contain outgoing data before it can be sent as output.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A pad or cushion forming the end of a fender, which receives the blow; -- sometimes called buffing apparatus.
- One who polishes with a buff.
- A wheel for buffing; a buff.
- A good-humored, slow-witted fellow; -- usually said of an elderly man.
More from this Section
- Shared adapter memory
Shared adapter memory refers a technique for an adapter to address a computer’s main ...
Client is a computer system on a network that requests resources or services from some ...
- How Neural Networks (NNs) Work
A neural network (NNs) is made up of interconnected processing elements (PEs), which are ...
802.8 refers the IEEE specification within Project 802 for the Fiber-optic Technical Advisory ...
- Domain controller
Domain controller on networks based on Windows NT Server or a Windows 2000 Server, a directory ...