Buffer is a temporary storage area that a device uses to contain incoming data before it can be processed for input or to contain outgoing data before it can be sent as output.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A pad or cushion forming the end of a fender, which receives the blow; -- sometimes called buffing apparatus.
- One who polishes with a buff.
- A wheel for buffing; a buff.
- A good-humored, slow-witted fellow; -- usually said of an elderly man.
More from this Section
- Start frame delimiter (SFD)
Start frame delimiter (SFD) is a field in the Ethernet 802.3 frame that defines the beginning ...
Plastic or metal pipe laid specifically or provide a protected enclosure for cabling of ...
- Account lockout
Account lockout is the process of automatically disabling a user account based on certain ...
A string of letters, numbers, and other characters intended to be kept private (and hard ...
- Dictionary attack
Dictionary attack is a method of attempting to determine an account’s password by attempting ...