Channel refers to any conduit along which data can be transmitted. It is the part of telecommunications system that constitutes the link between message source and message destination. Telecommunications channels are identified according to transmission rate, transmission mode, and transmission direction.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The deeper part of a river, harbor, strait, etc., where the main current flows, or which affords the best and safest passage for vessels.
- A strait, or narrow sea, between two portions of lands; as, the British Channel.
- That through which anything passes; means of passing, conveying, or transmitting; as, the news was conveyed to us by different channels.
- A gutter; a groove, as in a fluted column.
- Flat ledges of heavy plank bolted edgewise to the outside of a vessel, to increase the spread of the shrouds and carry them clear of the bulwarks.
- To course through or over, as in a channel.
More from this Section
- Cash management systems
Cash management systems are those systems that ensure that the organization has enough ...
- The Histogram
Histogram is a bar graph. The histogram is the most common graphical display for showing ...
- Cellular phones
Cellular phones refer to wireless personal telephones such as mobile phones. As a cellular ...
- Local Bus
Local Bus gives peripherals direct access to the PCs CPU rather than having their signals ...
- Dot matrix printer
Dot matrix printer is the cheapest in terms of price and operational costs printer which ...