Perceived incompatible differences that result in interference or opposition. If people in a group perceive that differences exist, then there is conflict.
Conflict when one person or group’s needs do not match those of another, and attempts may be made to block the opposing side’s intentions or goals.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A strife for the mastery; hostile contest; battle; struggle; fighting.
- To maintain a conflict; to contend; to engage in strife or opposition; to struggle.
- To be in opposition; to be contradictory.
More from this Section
- Demographic segmentation
Demographic segmentation divides the market into segments based on variables such as age, ...
- Universality of management
Universality of management is the concept that all managers do the same job regardless ...
- Equity financing
Money provided to a business venture that entitles the provider to rights or ownership ...
- Search marketing
Search marketing is the paying search engines, such as Google, a fee to make sure that ...
- Organizational citizenship behavior
Organizational citizenship behavior (OCB) is discretionary behavior that’s not part ...