Discipline is a procedure that corrects or punishes a subordinate because a rule of procedure has been violated.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Training to act in accordance with established rules; accustoming to systematic and regular action; drill.
- Subjection to rule; submissiveness to order and control; habit of obedience.
- Severe training, corrective of faults; instruction by means of misfortune, suffering, punishment, etc.
- Correction; chastisement; punishment inflicted by way of correction and training.
- The subject matter of instruction; a branch of knowledge.
- The enforcement of methods of correction against one guilty of ecclesiastical offenses; reformatory or penal action toward a church member.
- Self-inflicted and voluntary corporal punishment, as penance, or otherwise; specifically, a penitential scourge.
- A system of essential rules and duties; as, the Romish or Anglican discipline.
- To accustom to regular and systematic action; to bring under control so as to act systematically; to train to act together under orders; to teach subordination to; to form a habit of obedience in; to drill.
- To improve by corrective and penal methods; to chastise; to correct.
- To inflict ecclesiastical censures and penalties upon.
More from this Section
- Structured interview
Structured interview is a structured interview asks the same questions of each candidate, ...
- Employee Requirement Ratio
Employee requirement ratio is the relationship between the operational index and the demand ...
- Green card
Green card is a card issued in accordance with immigration laws to an alien granting him ...
- Trial Substage
The trial substage is the period that lasts from about ages 25 to 30. During this period, ...
- Hardship Allowances
Hardship allowances- compensate expatriates for exceptionally hard living and working ...