External strategic systems are a kind of strategic information systems that are used primarily by external entities in the business environment, such as customers, clients, suppliers, and distributors, and have a value added component that gives developers some time to reap the benefits of system innovation.
Benefits of External Strategic Systems:
- Increased customer satisfaction and control.
- Reduction in transaction costs.
- Increased market share.
- Reduction of processing costs.
- Ability to change higher prices because of value-added component.
- Increase in profit margins
More from this Section
- Deductive reasoning
Deductive reasoning is the ability to extract certain rules based on a sequence of experiences ...
- Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR)
Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) refers to a device that can read magnetic characters ...
- Assembly language
Assembly language is a language based on mnemonics, or meaningful abbreviation of commands, ...
- Work-group Information System (WIS)
Work-group Information System (WIS) is a system designed to support group decision ...
- Network architecture
Network architecture is a set of standards, or protocols, for telecommunication hardware ...