External strategic systems are a kind of strategic information systems that are used primarily by external entities in the business environment, such as customers, clients, suppliers, and distributors, and have a value added component that gives developers some time to reap the benefits of system innovation.
Benefits of External Strategic Systems:
- Increased customer satisfaction and control.
- Reduction in transaction costs.
- Increased market share.
- Reduction of processing costs.
- Ability to change higher prices because of value-added component.
- Increase in profit margins
More from this Section
The windows refer to the operating system, developed by Microsoft, expands on the DOS ...
File refers to collection of records of the same type grouped together. ...
- Full-keyboard workstation system
Full-keyboard workstation system is a GDSS that is set up in a room with group members ...
- Secure socket layer (SSL)
Secure socket layer (SSL) is a transport mechanism developed by Netscape Communication ...
Consequent— the THEN part of an IF-THEN rule. If the conditions in the antecedent are ...