External strategic systems are a kind of strategic information systems that are used primarily by external entities in the business environment, such as customers, clients, suppliers, and distributors, and have a value added component that gives developers some time to reap the benefits of system innovation.
Benefits of External Strategic Systems:
- Increased customer satisfaction and control.
- Reduction in transaction costs.
- Increased market share.
- Reduction of processing costs.
- Ability to change higher prices because of value-added component.
- Increase in profit margins
More from this Section
- Programmable read-only memory (PROM)
Programmable read-only memory (PROM)— customized data and instructions which are non-erasable, ...
- Managerial Hierarchy
Managerial Hierarchy allows the levels of management in an organization, typically three ...
- Expert systems
Expert systems— programs designed to emulate the knowledge and expertise of human beings ...
- Mixed Chaining
Mixed Chaining refers to the use of both forward chaining and backward chaining to solve ...
- Agile manufacturing
Agile manufacturing is a term that refers to the activities of manufacturing environments ...