External strategic systems are a kind of strategic information systems that are used primarily by external entities in the business environment, such as customers, clients, suppliers, and distributors, and have a value added component that gives developers some time to reap the benefits of system innovation.
Benefits of External Strategic Systems:
- Increased customer satisfaction and control.
- Reduction in transaction costs.
- Increased market share.
- Reduction of processing costs.
- Ability to change higher prices because of value-added component.
- Increase in profit margins
More from this Section
- Work-group Information System (WIS)
Work-group Information System (WIS) is a system designed to support group decision ...
- Mixed Chaining
Mixed Chaining refers to the use of both forward chaining and backward chaining to solve ...
- Database model
Database model is a way of organizing data and its interrelationships. It represents the ...
The windows refer to the operating system, developed by Microsoft, expands on the DOS ...
- Accounting software
Accounting software is a type of general-purpose software that helps companies automate ...