Influence is the exercise of power through a process of persuasion.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Influence- A flowing in or upon; influx.
- Hence, in general, the bringing about of an effect, phusical or moral, by a gradual process; controlling power quietly exerted; agency, force, or tendency of any kind which the sun exerts on animal and vegetable life; the influence of education on the mind; the influence, according to astrologers,of the stars over affairs.
- Power or authority arising from elevated station, excelence of character or intellect, wealth, etc.; reputation; acknowledged ascendency; as, he is a man of influence in the community.
2. Influence- To control or move by power, physical or moral; to affect by gentle action; to exert an influence upon; to modify, bias, or sway; to move; to persuade; to induce.
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Detailed division of labour
Detailed division of labour (also called “manufacturing division of labour”) is the ...
- Primary deviance
Primary deviance is a deviant act; the violation of a norm. ...
Deforestation is the removal of all trees from an area. See also Depletion, Desertification, ...
Dyad is a two-member group. ...