Influence is the exercise of power through a process of persuasion.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Influence- A flowing in or upon; influx.
- Hence, in general, the bringing about of an effect, phusical or moral, by a gradual process; controlling power quietly exerted; agency, force, or tendency of any kind which the sun exerts on animal and vegetable life; the influence of education on the mind; the influence, according to astrologers,of the stars over affairs.
- Power or authority arising from elevated station, excelence of character or intellect, wealth, etc.; reputation; acknowledged ascendency; as, he is a man of influence in the community.
2. Influence- To control or move by power, physical or moral; to affect by gentle action; to exert an influence upon; to modify, bias, or sway; to move; to persuade; to induce.
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
Health can be defined by the World Health Organization, a state of complete physical, ...
- Cultural universal
Cultural universal is a common practice or belief found in every culture. ...
Familism is the pride in the extended family, expressed through the maintenance of close ...
- Mental illness
Mental illness is a disorder of the4 brain that disrupts a person’s thinking, feeling, ...
- Primacy of the infrastructure
Primacy of the infrastructure means Marvin Harris’s idea that when trying to understand ...