One of the most ancient of philosophical debates; what is the relationship of the mind to the body?
Answers to this question have included:
(1) they influence each other totally;
(2) they don't influence each other at all;
(3) mind doesn't really exist;
(4) body doesn't really exist;
(5) mind and body are really the same thing.
And you wondered what philosophers did for a living.
More from this Section
- Primacy effect
The theory that, other things being equal , the first one of a series to be learned is ...
In psychoanalysis, wish-fulfillment is an attempt to fulfill an impulse or desire , usually ...
Inner-directed is a term introduced to sociology in the United States by David Riesman ...
Field refers to a meaningful group of characters or bytes. For example, Mary’s last ...
- Content analysis
Content analysis is the systematic coding and objective recording of data, guided by some ...