One of the most ancient of philosophical debates; what is the relationship of the mind to the body?
Answers to this question have included:
(1) they influence each other totally;
(2) they don't influence each other at all;
(3) mind doesn't really exist;
(4) body doesn't really exist;
(5) mind and body are really the same thing.
And you wondered what philosophers did for a living.
More from this Section
Outer-directed is a term introduced to sociology by the American sociologist David Riesman ...
Punishment refers to a stimulus that decreases the probability that a previous behavior ...
Hedonic refers to relating to pleasure or the dimensions of pleasure versus pain. ...
Amnesia, memory loss that occurs without other mental difficulties. The type of amnesia ...
- Longitudinal research
Longitudinal research traces the behavior of one or more participants as the participant ...