One of the most ancient of philosophical debates; what is the relationship of the mind to the body?
Answers to this question have included:
(1) they influence each other totally;
(2) they don't influence each other at all;
(3) mind doesn't really exist;
(4) body doesn't really exist;
(5) mind and body are really the same thing.
And you wondered what philosophers did for a living.
More from this Section
Roles are the sets of behaviors that individuals occupying specific positions within a ...
Amnesia, memory loss that occurs without other mental difficulties. The type of amnesia ...
Dehumanisation is the process of treating other people as something other than human. ...
- Development psychology
Development psychology examines how people grew and change from the moment of conception ...
- Social Decision Schemes
Social Decision Schemes are rules relating the initial distribution of member views to ...