One of the most ancient of philosophical debates; what is the relationship of the mind to the body?
Answers to this question have included:
(1) they influence each other totally;
(2) they don't influence each other at all;
(3) mind doesn't really exist;
(4) body doesn't really exist;
(5) mind and body are really the same thing.
And you wondered what philosophers did for a living.
More from this Section
The re-absorption of neurotransmitters by a terminal button is called reuptake. ...
Hypnosis is in trancelike state of heightened susceptibility to the suggestions of others. ...
- Collective unconscious
According to Jung, collective unconscious is a common set of ideas, feelings, images, ...
- Presentation of self
- Response bias
Response bias is a mental set to respond in a particular way to certain issues or questions, ...