One of the most ancient of philosophical debates; what is the relationship of the mind to the body?
Answers to this question have included:
(1) they influence each other totally;
(2) they don't influence each other at all;
(3) mind doesn't really exist;
(4) body doesn't really exist;
(5) mind and body are really the same thing.
And you wondered what philosophers did for a living.
More from this Section
- Pituitary gland
Pituitary gland, which is the major component of the endocrine system, or “master gland” ...
In psychology, a modality usually refers to a particular form of sensory experience, like ...
- Kent-Rosanoff test
Kent-Rosanoff test is a free association test of 100 words together with a standardized ...
- Identity crisis
Identity crisis is the acute feeling that one's identity and sense of self have lost their ...
Sensation is the activation of the sense organs by a source of physical energy. ...