Philosophy is the systematic attempt to understand the ultimate nature of the universe.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A particular philosophical system or theory; the hypothesis by which particular phenomena are explained.
- Practical wisdom; calmness of temper and judgment; equanimity; fortitude; stoicism; as, to meet misfortune with philosophy.
- Reasoning; argumentation.
- The course of sciences read in the schools.
- A treatise on philosophy.
More from this Section
- Transformational Leaders
Transformational Leaders who exert profound influence over followers by proposing an inspiring ...
- Reference group
Reference group is the any group that individuals use as a standard for evaluating themselves ...
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale
Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale is one of the most widely used intelligence tests for ...
Behaviourism is a school of psychology founded in the United States by J.B.Watson in 1913 ...
- Autobiographical memories
Autobiographical memories are our recollections of circumstances and episodes form our ...