Philosophy is the systematic attempt to understand the ultimate nature of the universe.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A particular philosophical system or theory; the hypothesis by which particular phenomena are explained.
- Practical wisdom; calmness of temper and judgment; equanimity; fortitude; stoicism; as, to meet misfortune with philosophy.
- Reasoning; argumentation.
- The course of sciences read in the schools.
- A treatise on philosophy.
More from this Section
- Central nervous system
Central nervous system is the part of the nervous system protected by bone, i.e. the brain ...
- Levels of processing
Levels of processing is the theory that the way in which something is perceived and processed ...
- Self-serving bias
Self-serving bias means the tendency for individuals to attribute their success to internal ...
- Background stressors (“daily hassles”)
Background stressors (“daily hassles”) refers everyday annoyances, such as being stuck ...
- Content analysis
Content analysis is the systematic coding and objective recording of data, guided by some ...