Philosophy is the systematic attempt to understand the ultimate nature of the universe.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A particular philosophical system or theory; the hypothesis by which particular phenomena are explained.
- Practical wisdom; calmness of temper and judgment; equanimity; fortitude; stoicism; as, to meet misfortune with philosophy.
- Reasoning; argumentation.
- The course of sciences read in the schools.
- A treatise on philosophy.
More from this Section
- Deep processing
Deep processing means information processing this refers to the encoding of information ...
- Forced Compliance
Forced Compliance situations in which individuals are somehow induced to say or do things ...
Post-modernism is the view that the detached objective observer-a key assumption in traditional ...
- Prosocial behavior
Helping behavior. Turning away from aggression, we move now to the opposite – and brighter ...
Idiographic is the characterized by a concern with unique historical events. ...