Philosophy is the systematic attempt to understand the ultimate nature of the universe.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A particular philosophical system or theory; the hypothesis by which particular phenomena are explained.
- Practical wisdom; calmness of temper and judgment; equanimity; fortitude; stoicism; as, to meet misfortune with philosophy.
- Reasoning; argumentation.
- The course of sciences read in the schools.
- A treatise on philosophy.
More from this Section
Sensation is the activation of the sense organs by a source of physical energy. ...
- Brain localisation
Brain localisation is the controversial hypothesis that specific mental experiences or ...
A business strategy that seeks to build competitive advantage with its product or service ...
- Pluralistic Ignorance
Pluralistic Ignorance bystanders’ interpretation of an event, caused by reliance on ...
- Nature-nurture issue
The issue of the degree to which environment and heredity influence behavior, is called ...