Philosophy is the systematic attempt to understand the ultimate nature of the universe.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A particular philosophical system or theory; the hypothesis by which particular phenomena are explained.
- Practical wisdom; calmness of temper and judgment; equanimity; fortitude; stoicism; as, to meet misfortune with philosophy.
- Reasoning; argumentation.
- The course of sciences read in the schools.
- A treatise on philosophy.
More from this Section
Intropunitive refers to blaming and punishing oneself, or feeling guilty and humiliated, ...
Altruism is helping behavior that is beneficial to others but clearly requires self-sacrifice. ...
- Moro Reflex
Moro Reflex is the startle response made by newborn infants , involving clutching movements ...
- Evolutionary psychology
Evolutionary psychology considers how behavior in influenced by our genetic inheritance ...
- Identity crisis
Identity crisis is the acute feeling that one's identity and sense of self have lost their ...