Record refers to a group of interrelated fields. A collection of records is a file.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Record- To reflect; to ponder.
- To sing or repeat a tune.
2. Record- To recall to mind; to recollect; to remember; to meditate.
- To repeat; to recite; to sing or play.
- To preserve the memory of, by committing to writing, to printing, to inscription, or the like; to make note of; to write or enter in a book or on parchment, for the purpose of preserving authentic evidence of; to register; to enroll; as, to record the proceedings of a court; to record historical events.
- A writing by which some act or event, or a number of acts or events, is recorded; a register; as, a record of the acts of the Hebrew kings; a record of the variations of temperature during a certain time; a family record.
- An official contemporaneous writing by which the acts of some public body, or public officer, are recorded; as, a record of city ordinances; the records of the receiver of taxes.
- An authentic official copy of a document which has been entered in a book, or deposited in the keeping of some officer designated by law.
- An official contemporaneous memorandum stating the proceedings of a court of justice; a judicial record.
- The various legal papers used in a case, together with memoranda of the proceedings of the court; as, it is not permissible to allege facts not in the record.
- Testimony; witness; attestation.
- That which serves to perpetuate a knowledge of acts or events; a monument; a memorial.
- That which has been, or might be, recorded; the known facts in the course, progress, or duration of anything, as in the life of a public man; as, a politician with a good or a bad record.
- That which has been publicly achieved in any kind of competitive sport as recorded in some authoritative manner, as the time made by a winning horse in a race.
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Electronic industries alliance (EIA)
Electronic industries alliance (EIA) which is an industry trade group of electronics and ...
A network of networks, which consists of two or more physical networks, is called Internetwork. ...
- Cable tester
Cable tester is a network troubleshooting device that can test for cable defects monitor ...
- Demand priority
Demand priority refers a high-speed channel access method used by 100 VG-Any LAN in a ...
- Pre-emptive troubleshooting
Pre-emptive troubleshooting is a method of forestalling network problems by planning in ...