Report means an orderly, objective message used to convey information from one organizational area to another or from one institution to another to assist in decision making or problem solving.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To furnish in writing an account of a speech, the proceedings at a meeting, the particulars of an occurrence, etc., for publication.
- To present one's self, as to a superior officer, or to one to whom service is due, and to be in readiness for orders or to do service; also, to give information, as of one's address, condition, etc.; as, the officer reported to the general for duty; to report weekly by letter.
- To bring back, as an answer; to announce in return; to relate, as what has been discovered by a person sent to examine, explore, or investigate; as, a messenger reports to his employer what he has seen or ascertained; the committee reported progress.
- To give an account of; to relate; to tell; to circulate publicly, as a story; as, in the common phrase, it is reported.
- To give an official account or statement of; as, a treasurer reports the receipts and expenditures.
- To return or repeat, as sound; to echo.
- To return or present as the result of an examination or consideration of any matter officially referred; as, the committee reported the bill witth amendments, or reported a new bill, or reported the results of an inquiry.
- To make minutes of, as a speech, or the doings of a public body; to write down from the lips of a speaker.
- To write an account of for publication, as in a newspaper; as, to report a public celebr
More from this Section
- Advertising media
Advertising media is the personal or non personal means of sending a message to a target ...
Organisation— people with shared aims coming together to achieve those aims. This involves ...
- Morale in Organizations
Morale is the attitude workers have toward the quality of their total work life. In reality, ...
- Businessowners policy
Businessowners policy is a package policy specifically designed to meet the basic property ...
- White space
White space refers to the amount of space on the slide that is not taken up with text ...