Report means an orderly, objective message used to convey information from one organizational area to another or from one institution to another to assist in decision making or problem solving.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To furnish in writing an account of a speech, the proceedings at a meeting, the particulars of an occurrence, etc., for publication.
- To present one's self, as to a superior officer, or to one to whom service is due, and to be in readiness for orders or to do service; also, to give information, as of one's address, condition, etc.; as, the officer reported to the general for duty; to report weekly by letter.
- To bring back, as an answer; to announce in return; to relate, as what has been discovered by a person sent to examine, explore, or investigate; as, a messenger reports to his employer what he has seen or ascertained; the committee reported progress.
- To give an account of; to relate; to tell; to circulate publicly, as a story; as, in the common phrase, it is reported.
- To give an official account or statement of; as, a treasurer reports the receipts and expenditures.
- To return or repeat, as sound; to echo.
- To return or present as the result of an examination or consideration of any matter officially referred; as, the committee reported the bill witth amendments, or reported a new bill, or reported the results of an inquiry.
- To make minutes of, as a speech, or the doings of a public body; to write down from the lips of a speaker.
- To write an account of for publication, as in a newspaper; as, to report a public celebration or a horse race.
- To make a statement of the conduct of, especially in an unfavorable sense; as, to report a servant to his employer.
- That which is reported.
- An account or statement of the results of examination or inquiry made by request or direction; relation.
- A story or statement circulating by common talk; a rumor; hence, fame; repute; reputation.
- Sound; noise; as, the report of a pistol or cannon.
- An official statement of facts, verbal or written; especially, a statement in writing of proceedings and facts exhibited by an officer to his superiors; as, the reports of the heads af departments to Congress, of a master in chancery to the court, of committees to a legislative body, and the like.
- An account or statement of a judicial opinion or decision, or of case argued and determined in a court of law, chancery, etc.; also, in the plural, the volumes containing such reports; as, Coke's Reports.
- A sketch, or a fully written account, of a speech, debate, or the proceedings of a public meeting, legislative body, etc.
- Rapport; relation; connection; reference.
More from this Section
Report means an orderly, objective message used to convey information from one organizational ...
- Businessowners policy
Businessowners policy is a package policy specifically designed to meet the basic property ...
- Morale in Organizations
Morale is the attitude workers have toward the quality of their total work life. In reality, ...
- Free cash flow drives
Operations drive free cash flow. Specifically, value is added in operations through operating ...
- What is a product?
A product is more than meets the eye. It is the total package that brings satisfaction ...