Report means an orderly, objective message used to convey information from one organizational area to another or from one institution to another to assist in decision making or problem solving.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To furnish in writing an account of a speech, the proceedings at a meeting, the particulars of an occurrence, etc., for publication.
- To present one's self, as to a superior officer, or to one to whom service is due, and to be in readiness for orders or to do service; also, to give information, as of one's address, condition, etc.; as, the officer reported to the general for duty; to report weekly by letter.
- To bring back, as an answer; to announce in return; to relate, as what has been discovered by a person sent to examine, explore, or investigate; as, a messenger reports to his employer what he has seen or ascertained; the committee reported progress.
- To give an account of; to relate; to tell; to circulate publicly, as a story; as, in the common phrase, it is reported.
- To give an official account or statement of; as, a treasurer reports the receipts and expenditures.
- To return or repeat, as sound; to echo.
- To return or present as the result of an examination or consideration of any matter officially referred; as, the committee reported the bill witth amendments, or reported a new bill, or reported the results of an inquiry.
- To make minutes of, as a speech, or the doings of a public body; to write down from the lips of a speaker.
- To write an account of for publication, as in a newspaper; as, to report a public celebr
More from this Section
Quorum is the fixed minimum number of members of an organization or society who must be ...
- Advertising media
Advertising media is the personal or non personal means of sending a message to a target ...
- Businessowners policy
Businessowners policy is a package policy specifically designed to meet the basic property ...
Twisting means illegal practice of inducing a policyholder to drop an existing policy ...
- Comparative Advantage
Comparative Advantage is a theory of international trade that originated with David Ricardo ...