Meaning of 'queen' (Webster Dictionary)
- The wife of a king.
- A woman who is the sovereign of a kingdom; a female monarch;
as, Elizabeth, queen of England; Mary, queen of Scots.
- A woman eminent in power or attractions; the highest of her
kind; as, a queen in society; -- also used figuratively of cities,
- The fertile, or fully developed, female of social bees,
ants, and termites.
- The most powerful, and except the king the most important,
piece in a set of chessmen.
- A playing card bearing the picture of a queen; as, the queen
- A male homosexual, esp. one who is effeminate or dresses in
women's clothing. - To act the part of a queen.
- To make a queen (or other piece, at the player's
discretion) of by moving it to the eighth row; as, to queen a pawn.
Meaning of 'queen' (Princeton's WordNet)
- something personified as a woman who is considered the best or most important of her kind
Example in sentence:
- Paris is the queen of cities;
- the queen of ocean liners
- become a queen