Advertising Media is the personal or nonpersonal means or channels of sending compelling messages to a target market. The kind of advertisements differ greatly based on the media they are to be published on.
Advertising media refers to the vehicles through which advertising messages are delivered to their intended audiences. The major steps in advertising media selection are -
(1) determining on reach, frequency, and impact
(2) choosing among major media types
(3) selecting specific media vehicles
(4) choosing media timing
Written, photograph, video and audio contents are used to promote different messages by combining them in various ways (i.e. audio-visual advertisements). These media refer to advertising outlets - including newspapers, television, direct mail, radio, magazines and outdoor displays.
Types of Advertising Media
There are a few types of media that are popular nowadays and brands compete while publishing worthwhile advertisements on them. They are -
- Print Media
- Online / Digital Media
- Out-of-home Media
For example, TVCs (Television Video Commercial) and OVCs (Online Video Commercial) must be different in length because OVCs have to be made to fit in various spaces available on social media and other websites.
That is why the brands nowadays have a few types of audio-visual advertisements made at one go and release at a time across all these platforms like one well-coordinated business plan.
Use of the Term in Sentences
- Choosing the right advertising media can be monumentally crucial when it comes to reaching the directed customer base.
- Marketers usually aim for all the available advertising media to prompt their brands so that they can make sure to reach as large an audience as possible.