Meaning of 'sector' (Webster Dictionary)
- A part of a circle comprehended between two radii and the
- A mathematical instrument, consisting of two rulers
connected at one end by a joint, each arm marked with several scales,
as of equal parts, chords, sines, tangents, etc., one scale of each
kind on each arm, and all on lines radiating from the common center of
motion. The sector is used for plotting, etc., to any scale.
- An astronomical instrument, the limb of which embraces a
small portion only of a circle, used for measuring differences of
declination too great for the compass of a micrometer. When it is used
for measuring zenith distances of stars, it is called a zenith sector.
Meaning of 'sector' (Princeton's WordNet)
- a particular aspect of life or activity
Example in sentence:
- he was helpless in an important sector of his life
- a social group that forms part of the society or the economy