Meaning of 'senior' (Webster Dictionary)
- More advanced than another in age; prior in age; elder;
hence, more advanced in dignity, rank, or office; superior; as, senior
member; senior counsel.
- Belonging to the final year of the regular course in
American colleges, or in professional schools. - A person who is older than another; one more advanced in
- One older in office, or whose entrance upon office was
anterior to that of another; one prior in grade.
- An aged person; an older.
- One in the fourth or final year of his collegiate course at
an American college; -- originally called senior sophister; also, one
in the last year of the course at a professional schools or at a
Meaning of 'senior' (Princeton's WordNet)
- older; higher in rank; longer in length of tenure or service
- advanced in years; (`aged' is pronounced as two syllables)
Example in sentence:
- aged members of the society;
- elderly residents could remember the construction of the first skyscraper;
- senior citizen
- used of the fourth and final year in United States high school or college