- Meaning and Examples
- A cloud.
- Hence, a shadow.
- The apparent arch, or vault, of heaven, which in a clear day is of a blue color; the heavens; the firmament; -- sometimes in the plural.
- The wheather; the climate.
- To hang (a picture on exhibition) near the top of a wall, where it can not be well seen.
- To throw towards the sky; as, to sky a ball at cricket.
Meaning of 'Sky' (Princeton's WordNet)
- throw or toss with a light motion
Example in sentence:
flip me the beachball;
toss me newspaper
See 'Sky' also in:
Blue-Sky Law allows state law that prevents corporations from issuing worthless securities to unsuspecting investors. It also requires stockbrokers.....
Vigotsky test is test of the ability to form concepts which involve sorting a series of blocks by colour, shape and size; named after a leading Russian psychologist, pioneer in studying
Risky shift is a form of group polarization where people make riskier decisions under the influence of a group than by themselves. The opposite of cautious shift.
Accounting & Auditing
Computer & Technology
Banking & Finance
HRM & Labor Studies
Medical & Health Sciences
Management & Organization Studies
Management Information System
Marketing & Public Relations