Meaning of 'frontal' (Webster Dictionary)
- Belonging to the front part; being in front
- Of or pertaining to the forehead or the anterior part of
the roof of the brain case; as, the frontal bones. - Something worn on the forehead or face; a frontlet
- An ornamental band for the hair.
- The metal face guard of a soldier.
- A little pediment over a door or window.
- A movable, decorative member in metal, carved wood, or,
commonly, in rich stuff or in embroidery, covering the front of the
altar. Frontals are usually changed according to the different
- A medicament or application for the forehead.
- The frontal bone, or one of the two frontal bones, of the
Meaning of 'frontal' (Princeton's WordNet)
- of or relating to the front of an advancing mass of air
- belonging to the front part
- meeting front to front
Example in sentence:
- a frontal attack;
- a head-on collision
- of or adjacent to the forehead or frontal bone