Meaning of 'humanitarian' (Webster Dictionary)
- Pertaining to humanitarians, or to humanitarianism;
as, a humanitarian view of Christ's nature.
- Content with right affections and actions toward man;
ethical, as distinguished from religious; believing in the
perfectibility of man's nature without supernatural aid.
- Benevolent; philanthropic. - One who denies the divinity of Christ, and believes
him to have been merely human.
- One who limits the sphere of duties to human
relations and affections, to the exclusion or disparagement of the
religious or spiritual.
- One who is actively concerned in promoting the
welfare of his kind; a philanthropist.
Meaning of 'humanitarian' (Princeton's WordNet)
- of or relating to or characteristic of humanitarianism
- marked by humanistic values and devotion to human welfare
Example in sentence:
- a humane physician;
- released the prisoner for humanitarian reasons;
- respect and humanistic regard for all members of our species