Meaning of 'roller' (Webster Dictionary)
- One who, or that which, rolls; especially, a cylinder,
sometimes grooved, of wood, stone, metal, etc., used in husbandry and
- A bandage; a fillet; properly, a long and broad bandage
used in surgery.
- One of series of long, heavy waves which roll in upon a
coast, sometimes in calm weather.
- A long, belt-formed towel, to be suspended on a rolling
cylinder; -- called also roller towel.
- A cylinder coated with a composition made principally of
glue and molassess, with which forms of type are inked previously to
taking an impression from them.
- A long cylinder on which something is rolled up; as, the
roller of a man.
- A small wheel, as of a caster, a roller skate, etc.
- ANy insect whose larva rolls up leaves; a leaf roller. see
- Any one of numerous species of Old World picarian birds of
the family Coraciadae. The name alludes to their habit of suddenly
turning over or "tumbling" in flight.
- Any species of small ground snakes of the family