Meaning of 'tenth' (Webster Dictionary)
- Next in order after the ninth; coming after nine others.
- Constituting or being one of ten equal parts into which
anything is divided. - The next in order after the ninth; one coming after nine
- The quotient of a unit divided by ten; one of ten equal
parts into which anything is divided.
- The tenth part of annual produce, income, increase, or the
like; a tithe.
- The interval between any tone and the tone represented on
the tenth degree of the staff above it, as between one of the scale and
three of the octave above; the octave of the third.
- A temporary aid issuing out of personal property, and
granted to the king by Parliament; formerly, the real tenth part of all
the movables belonging to the subject.
- The tenth part of the annual profit of every living in the
kingdom, formerly paid to the pope, but afterward transferred to the
crown. It now forms a part of the fund called Queen Anne's Bounty.