Accommodation is the Piaget's term for the way children alter their intellectual framework for dealing with the world when new experiences cannot be assimilated within it.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Willingness to accommodate; obligingness.
- Whatever supplies a want or affords ease, refreshment, or convenience; anything furnished which is desired or needful; -- often in the plural; as, the accommodations -- that is, lodgings and food -- at an inn.
- An adjustment of differences; state of agreement; reconciliation; settlement.
- The application of a writer's language, on the ground of analogy, to something not originally referred to or intended.
- A loan of money.
- An accommodation bill or note.
More from this Section
- Nervous breakdown
Nervous breakdown is the popular term for a neurosis severe enough to incapacitate an ...
- Random Assignment of Participants to Groups
Random Assignment of Participants to Groups is a basic requirement for conducting valid ...
Weltanschauung is a German term usually translated as world view. ...
- Bystander Effect
Bystander Effect is the finding that as the number of bystanders increases, the likelihood ...
Unlike hypochondriasis, in which there is no physical problem, conversion disorders involve ...