Accommodation is the Piaget's term for the way children alter their intellectual framework for dealing with the world when new experiences cannot be assimilated within it.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Willingness to accommodate; obligingness.
- Whatever supplies a want or affords ease, refreshment, or convenience; anything furnished which is desired or needful; -- often in the plural; as, the accommodations -- that is, lodgings and food -- at an inn.
- An adjustment of differences; state of agreement; reconciliation; settlement.
- The application of a writer's language, on the ground of analogy, to something not originally referred to or intended.
- A loan of money.
- An accommodation bill or note.
More from this Section
- False Consensus Effect
False Consensus Effect is the tendency to assume that others behave or think as we do ...
Behavior that occurs in response to direct social pressure compliance. When we refer to ...
- Third force
Third force is a term used for those psychologists who subscribe neither to a psychoanalytic ...
- Trichromatic theory of color vision
The theory that there are three kinds of cones in the retina, each of which responds primarily ...
- social status
Someone's position in society in relation to, and as determined by, other people is called ...