Accommodation is the Piaget's term for the way children alter their intellectual framework for dealing with the world when new experiences cannot be assimilated within it.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Willingness to accommodate; obligingness.
- Whatever supplies a want or affords ease, refreshment, or convenience; anything furnished which is desired or needful; -- often in the plural; as, the accommodations -- that is, lodgings and food -- at an inn.
- An adjustment of differences; state of agreement; reconciliation; settlement.
- The application of a writer's language, on the ground of analogy, to something not originally referred to or intended.
- A loan of money.
- An accommodation bill or note.
More from this Section
- Criterion group
Criterion group is a group of people of known characteristics, achievement or behaviour ...
From the Greek word for 'womb' because it was originally thought that the emotional disturbances ...
- Weight set point
Weight set point is the particular level of weight that the body strives to maintain. ...
In which complex psychoanalysis, a group of repressed emotionally charged ideas that conflict ...
- Correlational Method
Correlational Method of research in which a scientist systematically observes two or more ...