Anatomy includes those structures that can be seen grossly (without the aid of magnification) and microscopically (with the aid of magnification).
Typically, when used by itself,
The term anatomy tends to mean gross or macroscopic anatomy-that is, the study of structures that can be seen without using a microscopic.
Microscopic anatomy, also called histology, is the study of cells and tissues using a microscope.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The science which treats of the structure of organic bodies; anatomical structure or organization.
- A treatise or book on anatomy.
- The act of dividing anything, corporeal or intellectual, for the purpose of examining its parts; analysis; as, the anatomy of a discourse.
- A skeleton; anything anatomized or dissected, or which has the appearance of being so.
More from this Section
The trachea is a mobile cartilaginous and membranous tube. ...
Usually the first step taken during the interviewing process, involving reviewing prospective ...
The liver is the largest gland in the body and has a wide variety of functions. ...
- Occupational safety and health act
Occupational safety and health act is a federal law that requires most employers to create ...
Phobia is an intense and sometimes disabling fear reaction to a specific object or situation ...