Assay is the qualitative or quantitative determination of the components of a material, such as a drug.
Assay means metal purity test to confirm that the metal meets the standards for trading on a commodities exchange (commodities exchange center).
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Examination and determination; test; as, an assay of bread or wine.
- Trial by danger or by affliction; adventure; risk; hardship; state of being tried.
- Tested purity or value.
- The act or process of ascertaining the proportion of a particular metal in an ore or alloy; especially, the determination of the proportion of gold or silver in bullion or coin.
- The alloy or metal to be assayed.
- To affect.
- To try tasting, as food or drink.
- To subject, as an ore, alloy, or other metallic compound, to chemical or metallurgical examination, in order to determine the amount of a particular metal contained in it, or to ascertain its composition.
More from this Section
- V factor
V factor is nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide; required for the growth of certain Haemophilus ...
Subcutaneous is beneath the skin. ...
- Tissue culture
Tissue culture is a growth of tissue cells in a laboratory medium. ...
Complement is a normal thermolabile protein constituent of blood serum that participates ...
Virus is an obligate intracellular parasitic microorganism that is smaller than bacteria. ...