Attachment is the positive emotional bond that develops between a child and a particular individual.
Attachment is an emotional bond with another person that is usually powerful and long-lasting. Used especially about the relationship between infant and mother.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Attachment- The act attaching, or state of being attached; close adherence or affection; fidelity; regard; an/ passion of affection that binds a person; as, an attachment to a friend, or to a party.
- That by which one thing is attached to another; connection; as, to cut the attachments of a muscle.
- Something attached; some adjunct attached to an instrument, machine, or other object; as, a sewing machine attachment (i. e., a device attached to a sewing machine to enable it to do special work, as tucking, etc.).
- A seizure or taking into custody by virtue of a legal process.
- The writ or percept commanding such seizure or taking.
Category: Psychology & Behavioral Science
Share it: Cite
Previous: ← Habituation
Next: Authoritarian Parents →
More from this Section
Motivation refers to the process by which a person’s efforts are energized, directed, ...
In Gestalt psychology, pragnanz is the tendency of any Gestalt towards simplicity, harmony, ...
CA means chronological age. Used along with mental age in computing an IQ score. ...
Sometimes used to describe a way of dealing with sensory overload in which all the stimuli ...
Psychophysics is the study of the relationship between the physical aspects of stimuli ...