Avoidance is the tendency to withdraw from psychological conflict, often by substituting other, non-threatening activities.
Avoidance is a risk control technique in which a certain loss exposure is never acquired, or an existing loss exposure is abandoned.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The act of becoming vacant, or the state of being vacant; -- specifically used for the state of a benefice becoming void by the death, deprivation, or resignation of the incumbent.
- A dismissing or a quitting; removal; withdrawal.
- The act of avoiding or shunning; keeping clear of.
- The courts by which anything is carried off.
More from this Section
- Behaviour modification
Behaviour modification is the deliberate changing of a particular pattern of behaviour ...
- Integrity-versus-despair stage
According to Erikson, a period from late adulthood until death during which we review ...
Counterculture is a subculture that deliberately opposes certain aspects of the larger ...
- Dependent variable
The dependent variable is dependent on the actions of the participants or subjects-the ...
- Rational-emotive therapy
Rational-emotive therapy is a form of psychotherapy, most closely related to behaviour ...