Chip refers a fixed-sized element of data broadcast over a single frequency using the spread spectrum radio networking technology called direct-sequence modulation.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A fragment or piece broken off; a small piece.
- Wood or Cuban palm leaf split into slips, or straw plaited in a special manner, for making hats or bonnets.
- Anything dried up, withered, or without flavor; -- used contemptuously.
- One of the counters used in poker and other games.
- The triangular piece of wood attached to the log line.
- To break or crack, or crack off a portion of, as of an eggshell in hatching, or a piece of crockery.
- To bet, as with chips in the game of poker.
More from this Section
- Novell IPX ODI Protocol
Novell IPX ODI Protocol is the name that Windows 98, Release 2, gives to the Microsoft ...
Websode is an episode of a TV-like program where the viewer takes amore active role. The ...
- Web browser
Web browser means the combination of hardware and software that stores information that ...
- Centralized computing
Centralized computing is a computing environment in which all processing takes place on ...
- Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)
Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) is a WAN technology used to interface with dissimilar ...