Complement is a normal thermolabile protein constituent of blood serum that participates in antigen-antibody reactions.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- That which is required to supply a deficiency, or to complete a symmetrical whole.
- Full quantity, number, or amount; a complete set; completeness.
- A second quantity added to a given quantity to make it equal to a third given quantity.
- Something added for ornamentation; an accessory.
- The whole working force of a vessel.
- The interval wanting to complete the octave; -- the fourth is the complement of the fifth, the sixth of the third.
- A compliment.
- To supply a lack; to supplement.
- To compliment.
More from this Section
- Glyoxylate cycle
Glyoxylate cycle is a sequence of biochemical reactions by which acetate is converted ...
Fusiform is spindle-shaped, tapered at the ends. ...
- Type species
Type species is the species that is the permanent reference example of the genus. ...
Carrier is a person in apparently good health who harbors a pathogenic microorganism ...
Reagin is antibodies against cardiolipin, such as occur in syphiliric patients. Also term ...