Gradient is a constant rate of change between two conditions or variables.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Rising or descending by regular degrees of inclination; as, the gradient line of a railroad.
- Adapted for walking, as the feet of certain birds.
- A part of a road which slopes upward or downward; a portion of a way not level; a grade.
- The rate of increase or decrease of a variable magnitude, or the curve which represents it; as, a thermometric gradient.
More from this Section
- Cognitive treatment approaches
Cognitive treatment approaches teach people to think in more adaptive ways by changing ...
- Social need
The need to belong and to interact with other people; the third level of needs in Maslow’s ...
- Social Identity
Social Identity is a person’s definition of who he or she is; includes personal attributes ...
- Balance Theory
Balance Theory means Newcomb’s cognitively oriented theory of the relationships among ...
- reaction time
The time elapsed between the presentation of a stimulus and the subject's response to ...