An idea is a thought, an impression, or a notion.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Idea- The transcript, image, or picture of a visible object, that is formed by the mind; also, a similar image of any object whatever, whether sensible or spiritual.
- A general notion, or a conception formed by generalization.
- Hence: Any object apprehended, conceived, or thought of, by the mind; a notion, conception, or thought; the real object that is conceived or thought of.
- A belief, option, or doctrine; a characteristic or controlling principle; as, an essential idea; the idea of development.
- A plan or purpose of action; intention; design.
- A rational conception; the complete conception of an object when thought of in all its essential elements or constituents; the necessary metaphysical or constituent attributes and relations, when conceived in the abstract.
- A fiction object or picture created by the imagination; the same when proposed as a pattern to be copied, or a standard to be reached; one of the archetypes or patterns of created things, conceived by the Platonists to have excited objectively from eternity in the mind of the Deity.
Category: Entrepreneurship & Small Business
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Private corporation
A private corporation is one in which all the shares are held by a few shareholders, such ...
- Product and trademark franchise
A product and trademark franchise is an arrangement under which the franchisor grants ...
- Core strategy
Core strategy is the first component of a business model which describes how a firm competes ...
- Organic growth
Organic growth is internally generated growth within a firm that does not rely on outside ...
- Provisional patent application
Provisional patent application is a part of patent law that grants “provisional rights” ...