Jacket is the outermost layer of a cable.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Jacket- A short upper garment, extending downward to the hips; a short coat without skirts.
- An outer covering for anything, esp. a covering of some nonconducting material such as wood or felt, used to prevent radiation of heat, as from a steam boiler, cylinder, pipe, etc.
- In ordnance, a strengthening band surrounding and reenforcing the tube in which the charge is fired.
- A garment resembling a waistcoat lined with cork, to serve as a life preserver; -- called also cork jacket.
2. Jacket- To put a jacket on; to furnish, as a boiler, with a jacket.
- To thrash; to beat.
Category: Computer Networking
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Light-emitting diode (LED)
A lower-powered alternative for emitting data at optical frequencies. Light-emitting diode ...
- DIX (Digital, Intel, Xerox)
Requester is the term used by Novell for a redirector. ...
- Local talk
Local talk is the cabling system used by Macintosh computers. Support for Local Talk is ...
- Terrestrial microwave
Terrestrial microwave is a wireless microwave networking technology that uses line-of ...