A small, special-purpose connector designed to make contact between two pins on an adapter card of some kind: sometimes jumper used to establish configuration settings on network cards and other computer adapters.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A long drilling tool used by masons and quarrymen.
- A rude kind of sleigh; -- usually, a simple box on runners which are in one piece with the poles that form the thills.
- The larva of the cheese fly. See Cheese fly, under Cheese.
- A name applied in the 18th century to certain Calvinistic Methodists in Wales whose worship was characterized by violent convulsions.
- spring to impel the star wheel, also a pawl to lock fast a wheel, in a repeating timepiece.
- A loose upper garment
- A sort of blouse worn by workmen over their ordinary dress to protect it.
- A fur garment worn in Arctic journeys.
More from this Section
- Narrow-band radio
Narrow-band radio is a type of broadcast-based networking technology that uses a signal ...
- Demand priority
Demand priority refers a high-speed channel access method used by 100 VG-Any LAN in a ...
- Hierarchy of effects model
Hierarchy of effects model whcih device that attempts to explain the impact of marketing ...
- Data grade
A designation of cabling of any kind that indicates that it’s suitable for transporting ...
- Half-duplex communications
A type of network communication in which only one member of a pair of networked devices ...