Marine is of or relating to oceanic and estuarine environments.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
1. Marine- Of or pertaining to the sea; having to do with the ocean, or with navigation or naval affairs; nautical; as, marine productions or bodies; marine shells; a marine engine.
- Formed by the action of the currents or waves of the sea; as, marine deposits.
- A solider serving on shipboard; a sea soldier; one of a body of troops trained to do duty in the navy.
- The sum of naval affairs; naval economy; the department of navigation and sea forces; the collective shipping of a country; as, the mercantile marine.
- A picture representing some marine subject.
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Logarithmic phase
Logarithmic phase is commonly called log phage. See exponential phase. ...
- Replica plating
Replica plating is the replication of a pattern of colonies from one plate to another; ...
Polar located at one end or at both ends. ...
- Prausnitz-Kustner antibodies
Prausnitz-Kustner antibodies is the principal agents responsible for such allergies as ...
NAD means nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, a coenzyme that functions in enzymatic systems ...