Sometimes used in psychology to describe an activity, often cognitive , that comes between a stimulus and a response is called mediate.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- Acting by means, or by an intervening cause or instrument; not direct or immediate; acting or suffering through an intervening agent or condition.
- Gained or effected by a medium or condition.
- To be in the middle, or between two; to intervene.
- To interpose between parties, as the equal friend of each, esp. for the purpose of effecting a reconciliation or agreement; as, to mediate between nations.
- To divide into two equal parts.
More from this Section
- Kuder Preference Record
Kuder Preference Record is a questionnaire designed to elicit a subject's areas of vocational ...
- Functional fixedness
Functional fixedness is the tendency to think of an object only in terms of its typical ...
In Jung's theories, mandala is a magic circle that represents the striving for total unity ...
- Medical model
Medical model is the application of a medical perspective in explaining and treating troublesome ...
Barophile is an organism that grows under conditions of high hydrostatic pressure. ...