One of the most ancient of philosophical debates; what is the relationship of the mind to the body?
Answers to this question have included:
(1) they influence each other totally;
(2) they don't influence each other at all;
(3) mind doesn't really exist;
(4) body doesn't really exist;
(5) mind and body are really the same thing.
And you wondered what philosophers did for a living.
More from this Section
- Mental set
The tendency for old patterns of problem solving to persist, known as mental set. ...
Something that is inconsistent with logic or reason is called irrational. ...
- Interaction process analysis
Interaction process analysis is a technique for recording and analyzing the interactions ...
- Actualising tendency
Actualizing tendency sometimes employed by humanistic psychologists in referring to the ...
- Hnguistic-relativity hypothesis
Hnguistic-relativity hypothesis, the notion that language shapes and, in fact, may determine ...