One of the most ancient of philosophical debates; what is the relationship of the mind to the body?
Answers to this question have included:
(1) they influence each other totally;
(2) they don't influence each other at all;
(3) mind doesn't really exist;
(4) body doesn't really exist;
(5) mind and body are really the same thing.
And you wondered what philosophers did for a living.
More from this Section
- Evoked potential
Evoked potential is an electrical discharge in the brain produced by the stimulation of ...
Bonding is the process whereby people are linked together in a socially cohesive group, ...
Integration refers to the fusion of two cultures, resulting in the evolvement of a new ...
Ingroup is the social to which an individual perceives herself or himself as belonging ...