Provocation actions by others that tend to trigger aggression in the recipient, often because they are perceived as stemming from malicious intent.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- That which provokes, or excites anger; the cause of resentment; as, to give provocation.
- Incitement; stimulus; as, provocation to mirth.
- Such prior insult or injury as may be supposed, under the circumstances, to create hot blood, and to excuse an assault made in retort or redress.
- An appeal to a court. [A Latinism]
More from this Section
- Age of viability
The fetus continues to develop before birth. It begins to grow ratty deposits under the ...
- Behavioural genetics
- Projective personality tests
Projective personality tests are a test in which a person is shown an ambiguous stimulus ...
Overcompensation refers to [producing a greater effort than is needed to overcome a difficulty ...
- over determined
In psychoanalysis something that has more than one cause; used particularly about the ...