Major topology in which the computers connect via a central connecting point, usually a hub, is called star.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The polestar; the north star.
- A planet supposed to influence one's destiny; (usually pl.) a configuration of the planets, supposed to influence fortune.
- That which resembles the figure of a star, as an ornament worn on the breast to indicate rank or honor.
- Specifically, a radiated mark in writing or printing; an asterisk [thus, *]; -- used as a reference to a note, or to fill a blank where something is omitted, etc.
- A composition of combustible matter used in the heading of rockets, in mines, etc., which, exploding in the air, presents a starlike appearance.
- A person of brilliant and attractive qualities, especially on public occasions, as a distinguished orator, a leading theatrical performer, etc.
More from this Section
Latency refers the amount of time a signal takes to travel from one end of a cable to ...
- Web ring
Web ring is a number of independent web sites that together build community among users ...
- Dial-up networking
Dial-up networking is the program included with Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millennium, ...
- Fire Wire
A high-speed, external serial bus that supports bandwidths up to 400 Mbps and can connect ...