Here is a set of steps for solving a problem using intelligent support systems:
- Define the problem.
- Gather the data necessary to solve the problem.
- Integrate the data with decision making models.
- Generate alternative solutions.
- Select the optional alternative or the most satisfactory, given the circumstances.
- Implement the chosen alternative.
More from this Section
Fax is a technology that uses telephones, modems, and scanners to transmit text and graphics ...
- Multimedia systems
Multimedia systems are systems that can store, retrieve, and process various types of ...
Configuration means the customization of a PC to meet the information needs of a particular ...
- The enterprise information directory
The enterprise information directory defines the data stored in the enterprise information ...
- Mixed Chaining
Mixed Chaining refers to the use of both forward chaining and backward chaining to solve ...