The term Acceptance means an undertaking by the drawee (who then becomes the “acceptor”), of a Bill of Exchange to pay to the person presenting the bill (called the holder in due course) the face value of the bill on the due date.
Acceptance is the act of signing a bill of exchange to show that you agree to pay it.
Acceptance means contractual agreement instigated when the drawee of a time draft "accepts" the draft by
writing the word "accepted" thereon. The drawee assumes responsibility as the acceptor
and for payment at maturity.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- State of being accepted; acceptableness.
- An assent and engagement by the person on whom a bill of exchange is drawn, to pay it when due according to the terms of the acceptance.
- The bill itself when accepted.
- An agreeing to terms or proposals by which a bargain is concluded and the parties are bound; the reception or taking of a thing bought as that for which it was bought, or as that agreed to be delivered, or the taking possession as owner.
- An agreeing to the action of another, by some act which binds the person in law.
- Meaning; acceptation.
More from this Section
- Plant and equipment
Plant and equipment sometimes called fixed assets: an asset category that includes land ...
- Edge Act and Agreement Corporation
Edge Act and Agreement Corporation refers to subsidiary of a U.S. bank incorporated under ...
- Chain Banking
Chain banking refers to the system where one or few individuals control two or more banking ...
- Net payment cost index
Net payment cost index is method of measuring the cost of an insurance policy to an insured ...
- Financial institution loans
Financial institution loans is the both long and short term credit extended to banks, ...