Affect means our current feelings and moods.
Affect is widely used in psychology for feeling and emotion.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To influence or move, as the feelings or passions; to touch.
- To love; to regard with affection.
- To show a fondness for; to like to use or practice; to choose; hence, to frequent habitually.
- To dispose or incline.
- To aim at; to aspire; to covet.
- To tend to by affinity or disposition.
- To make a show of; to put on a pretense of; to feign; to assume; as, to affect ignorance.
- To assign; to appoint.
More from this Section
- Acting out
Acting out -in psychoanalysis, a term for the behaviour of a patient who has to act on ...
Transference means the transfer of feelings to a psychoanalyst of love or anger that had ...
- Measure of central tendency
A measure of central tendency is the three statistics which can be used as a central value ...
- Young-Helmholtz Theory
Young-Helmholtz Theory is the best known theory of colour vision which suggests that the ...
- World view
World view is a way of understanding the world; a philosophy of life. ...