Affect means our current feelings and moods.
Affect is widely used in psychology for feeling and emotion.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To influence or move, as the feelings or passions; to touch.
- To love; to regard with affection.
- To show a fondness for; to like to use or practice; to choose; hence, to frequent habitually.
- To dispose or incline.
- To aim at; to aspire; to covet.
- To tend to by affinity or disposition.
- To make a show of; to put on a pretense of; to feign; to assume; as, to affect ignorance.
- To assign; to appoint.
More from this Section
Neuropsychology is the aspects of physiological psychology concerned with the relationship ...
Dream means imagery that occurs during sleep, usually with a certain coherence but sometimes ...
- Multiple personality
Multiple personality is a rare and dramatic form of neurosis in which repression leads ...
Metacognition, an awareness and understanding of one’s own cognitive processes. Metacognition ...
- Rational-emotive therapy
Rational-emotive therapy is a form of psychotherapy, most closely related to behaviour ...