Affect means our current feelings and moods.
Affect is widely used in psychology for feeling and emotion.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To influence or move, as the feelings or passions; to touch.
- To love; to regard with affection.
- To show a fondness for; to like to use or practice; to choose; hence, to frequent habitually.
- To dispose or incline.
- To aim at; to aspire; to covet.
- To tend to by affinity or disposition.
- To make a show of; to put on a pretense of; to feign; to assume; as, to affect ignorance.
- To assign; to appoint.
More from this Section
- Social Norms
Nativism is the nature side of the nature-nurture problem; in psychology this doctrine ...
- Catharsis Hypothesis
Catharsis Hypothesis is the theory that if angry persons can express their aggressive ...
- Preoperational stage
According to Piaget, the period from 2 o 7 years of age that is characterized by language ...
Fixed-alternative refers to test or questionnaire items which require an answer from a ...