Affect means our current feelings and moods.
Affect is widely used in psychology for feeling and emotion.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To influence or move, as the feelings or passions; to touch.
- To love; to regard with affection.
- To show a fondness for; to like to use or practice; to choose; hence, to frequent habitually.
- To dispose or incline.
- To aim at; to aspire; to covet.
- To tend to by affinity or disposition.
- To make a show of; to put on a pretense of; to feign; to assume; as, to affect ignorance.
- To assign; to appoint.
More from this Section
Ingratiation is a technique for gaining compliance in which requesters first induce target ...
Conation is a vague term used to denote a general psychological activity variously described ...
Cognition can be defined as human thought processes, including perceiving, reasoning, ...
- Optic nerve
The ganglion cells collect and summarize visual information, which is then moved out the ...
- Pecking order
Pecking order is the hierarchy of status relationships formed among farmyard hens by their ...