Attach refers to
1. The placement of units or personnel in an organization where such placement is relatively temporary.
2. The detailing of individuals to specific functions where such functions are secondary or relatively temporary.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To come into legal operation in connection with anything; to vest; as, dower will attach.
- To connect; to place so as to belong; to assign by authority; to appoint; as, an officer is attached to a certain regiment, company, or ship.
- To win the heart of; to connect by ties of love or self-interest; to attract; to fasten or bind by moral influence; -- with to; as, attached to a friend; attaching others to us by wealth or flattery.
- To connect, in a figurative sense; to ascribe or attribute; to affix; -- with to; as, to attach great importance to a particular circumstance.
- To take, seize, or lay hold of.
- To take by legal authority: (a) To arrest by writ, and bring before a court, as to answer for a debt, or a contempt; -- applied to a taking of the person by a civil process; being now rarely used for the arrest of a criminal. (b) To seize or take (goods or real estate) by virtue of a writ or precept to hold the same to satisfy a judgment which may be rendered in the suit. See Attachment, 4.
More from this Section
- Airspace control procedures
Airspace control procedures are rules, mechanisms, and directions that facilitate the ...
- Joint Logistics Operations Center
Joint Logistics Operations Center refers to the Joint Logistics Operations Center is the ...
- Track of interest
Track of interest— In counterdrug operations, contacts that meet the initial identification ...
- Global ballistic missile defense
Global ballistic missile defense means defense against ballistic missile threats that ...
Supercargo— Personnel that accompany cargo on board a ship for the purpose of accomplishing ...