Attach refers to
1. The placement of units or personnel in an organization where such placement is relatively temporary.
2. The detailing of individuals to specific functions where such functions are secondary or relatively temporary.
More from this Section
Component refers to 1. One of the subordinate organizations that constitute a joint force. 2. In logistics, a part or combination ...
- Medical treatment facility
Medical treatment facility is a facility that is established for the purpose of furnishing medical and/or dental care to eligible individuals. Also called MTF.
- Receiving ship
Receiving ship refers to the ship in a replenishment unit that receives the rig(s).
- Joint meteorological and oceanographic officer
Joint meteorological and oceanographic officer refers to a officer who is designated to provide direct meteorological and oceanographic support to a joint force commander.
- Airspace control authority
Airspace control authority— the commander designated to assume overall responsibility for the operation of the airspace control system in the airspace control area.
- Air apportionment
Air apportionment— the determination and assignment of the total expected effort by percentage and/or by priority that should be devoted to the various air...
Demobilization refers to 1. The process of transitioning a conflict or wartime military establishment and defense-based civilian economy to a peacetime configuration ...