Attach refers to
1. The placement of units or personnel in an organization where such placement is relatively temporary.
2. The detailing of individuals to specific functions where such functions are secondary or relatively temporary.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To come into legal operation in connection with anything; to vest; as, dower will attach.
- To connect; to place so as to belong; to assign by authority; to appoint; as, an officer is attached to a certain regiment, company, or ship.
- To win the heart of; to connect by ties of love or self-interest; to attract; to fasten or bind by moral influence; -- with to; as, attached to a friend; attaching others to us by wealth or flattery.
- To connect, in a figurative sense; to ascribe or attribute; to affix; -- with to; as, to attach great importance to a particular circumstance.
- To take, seize, or lay hold of.
- To take by legal authority: (a) To arrest by writ, and bring before a court, as to answer for a debt, or a contempt; -- applied to a taking of the person by a civil process; being now rarely used for the arrest of a criminal. (b) To seize or take (goods or real estate) by virtue of a writ or precept to hold the same to satisfy a judgment which may be rendered in the suit. See Attachment, 4.
More from this Section
- Force protection detachment
Force protection detachment is a counterintelligence element that provides counterintelligence ...
- Riot control agent
Riot control agent refers to any chemical, not listed in a schedule of the Convention ...
- Bulk petroleum product
Bulk petroleum product refers to a liquid petroleum product which is transported by various ...
Wellness means force health protection program that consolidates and incorporates physical ...
- Electromagnetic spectrum
Electromagnetic spectrum is the range of frequencies of electromagnetic radiation from ...