Attach refers to
1. The placement of units or personnel in an organization where such placement is relatively temporary.
2. The detailing of individuals to specific functions where such functions are secondary or relatively temporary.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To come into legal operation in connection with anything; to vest; as, dower will attach.
- To connect; to place so as to belong; to assign by authority; to appoint; as, an officer is attached to a certain regiment, company, or ship.
- To win the heart of; to connect by ties of love or self-interest; to attract; to fasten or bind by moral influence; -- with to; as, attached to a friend; attaching others to us by wealth or flattery.
- To connect, in a figurative sense; to ascribe or attribute; to affix; -- with to; as, to attach great importance to a particular circumstance.
- To take, seize, or lay hold of.
- To take by legal authority: (a) To arrest by writ, and bring before a court, as to answer for a debt, or a contempt; -- applied to a taking of the person by a civil process; being now rarely used for the arrest of a criminal. (b) To seize or take (goods or real estate) by virtue of a writ or precept to h
More from this Section
- Criticality assessment
Criticality assessment refers to an assessment that identifies key assets and infrastructure ...
- Blister agent
Blister agent refers to a chemical agent that injures the eyes and lungs, and burns or ...
- Toxic industrial radiological
Toxic industrial radiological refers to any radiological material that is manufactured, ...
- Service-unique container
Service-unique container refers to any 20- or 40-foot International Organization for Standardization ...
Refraction refers to the process by which the direction of a wave is changed when moving ...