Attach refers to
1. The placement of units or personnel in an organization where such placement is relatively temporary.
2. The detailing of individuals to specific functions where such functions are secondary or relatively temporary.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To come into legal operation in connection with anything; to vest; as, dower will attach.
- To connect; to place so as to belong; to assign by authority; to appoint; as, an officer is attached to a certain regiment, company, or ship.
- To win the heart of; to connect by ties of love or self-interest; to attract; to fasten or bind by moral influence; -- with to; as, attached to a friend; attaching others to us by wealth or flattery.
- To connect, in a figurative sense; to ascribe or attribute; to affix; -- with to; as, to attach great importance to a particular circumstance.
- To take, seize, or lay hold of.
- To take by legal authority: (a) To arrest by writ, and bring before a court, as to answer for a debt, or a contempt; -- applied to a taking of the person by a civil process; being now rarely used for the arrest of a criminal. (b) To seize or take (goods or real estate) by virtue of a writ or precept to h
More from this Section
- Defense Switched Network
Defense Switched Network is the component of the Defense Communications System that handles ...
In mortuary affairs believed-to-be refers to the status of any human remains until a positive ...
- Joint interagency coordination group
Joint interagency coordination group is a staff group that establishes regular, timely, ...
- Airspace control area
Airspace control area is an airspace that is laterally defined by the boundaries of the ...
- Information report
Information report is a kind of report that is used to forward raw information which is ...