Attach refers to
1. The placement of units or personnel in an organization where such placement is relatively temporary.
2. The detailing of individuals to specific functions where such functions are secondary or relatively temporary.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To come into legal operation in connection with anything; to vest; as, dower will attach.
- To connect; to place so as to belong; to assign by authority; to appoint; as, an officer is attached to a certain regiment, company, or ship.
- To win the heart of; to connect by ties of love or self-interest; to attract; to fasten or bind by moral influence; -- with to; as, attached to a friend; attaching others to us by wealth or flattery.
- To connect, in a figurative sense; to ascribe or attribute; to affix; -- with to; as, to attach great importance to a particular circumstance.
- To take, seize, or lay hold of.
- To take by legal authority: (a) To arrest by writ, and bring before a court, as to answer for a debt, or a contempt; -- applied to a taking of the person by a civil process; being now rarely used for the arrest of a criminal. (b) To seize or take (goods or real estate) by virtue of a writ or precept to h
More from this Section
- Address group
Address group is a group of four letters assigned to represent commands, authorities, ...
- Commodity loading
Commodity loading refers to a method of loading in which various types of cargoes are ...
- Critical infrastructure protection
Critical infrastructure protection refers to those actions that are taken to prevent, ...
- End item
End item is a final combination of end products, component parts, and/or materials that ...
- Combat unit loading
Combat unit loading refers to a method of loading by which all or a part of a combat unit, ...