Attach refers to
1. The placement of units or personnel in an organization where such placement is relatively temporary.
2. The detailing of individuals to specific functions where such functions are secondary or relatively temporary.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- To come into legal operation in connection with anything; to vest; as, dower will attach.
- To connect; to place so as to belong; to assign by authority; to appoint; as, an officer is attached to a certain regiment, company, or ship.
- To win the heart of; to connect by ties of love or self-interest; to attract; to fasten or bind by moral influence; -- with to; as, attached to a friend; attaching others to us by wealth or flattery.
- To connect, in a figurative sense; to ascribe or attribute; to affix; -- with to; as, to attach great importance to a particular circumstance.
- To take, seize, or lay hold of.
- To take by legal authority: (a) To arrest by writ, and bring before a court, as to answer for a debt, or a contempt; -- applied to a taking of the person by a civil process; being now rarely used for the arrest of a criminal. (b) To seize or take (goods or real estate) by virtue of a writ or precept to h
More from this Section
- Supporting commander
Supporting commander refers to 1. A commander who provides augmentation forces or other ...
- Common-user logistics
Common-user logistics— materiel or service support shared with or provided by two or ...
- National shipping authority
National shipping authority is the organization within each Allied government responsible ...
- General support-reinforcing
General support-reinforcing refers to the artillery mission of supporting the force as ...
Exfiltration means the removal of personnel or units from areas under enemy control by ...