Barrier refers to a coordinated series of natural or man-made obstacles that is designed or employed to channel, direct, restrict, delay, or stop the movement of an opposing force and to impose additional losses in personnel, time, and equipment on the opposing force.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A fortress or fortified town, on the frontier of a country, commanding an avenue of approach.
- A fence or railing to mark the limits of a place, or to keep back a crowd.
- An any obstruction; anything which hinders approach or attack.
- Any limit or boundary; a line of separation.
More from this Section
Audience refers to a broadly-defined group that contains stakeholders and/or publics relevant ...
- Accountable property officer’s bond
Accountable property officer’s bond— a bond executed by an individual who is charged ...
- Amphibious objective area
Amphibious objective area— a geographical area of sufficient size for conducting necessary ...
- Electromagnetic spectrum management
Electromagnetic spectrum management— Planning, coordinating, and managing use of the ...
- Department of the Navy
Department of the Navy is the executive part of the Department of the Navy at the seat ...