Barrier refers to a coordinated series of natural or man-made obstacles that is designed or employed to channel, direct, restrict, delay, or stop the movement of an opposing force and to impose additional losses in personnel, time, and equipment on the opposing force.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A fortress or fortified town, on the frontier of a country, commanding an avenue of approach.
- A fence or railing to mark the limits of a place, or to keep back a crowd.
- An any obstruction; anything which hinders approach or attack.
- Any limit or boundary; a line of separation.
More from this Section
- Amphibious air traffic control center
Amphibious air traffic control center is the centralized air traffic control agency on ...
- Administrative support equipment
Administrative support equipment— equipment not essential to the performance of assigned ...
- Shore party
Shore party refers to a task organization of the landing force, formed for the purpose ...
- Civilian internee
Civilian internee is a civilian who is interned during armed conflict, occupation, or ...
- Combat identification
Combat identification is the process of attaining an accurate characterization of detected ...