Barrier refers to a coordinated series of natural or man-made obstacles that is designed or employed to channel, direct, restrict, delay, or stop the movement of an opposing force and to impose additional losses in personnel, time, and equipment on the opposing force.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A fortress or fortified town, on the frontier of a country, commanding an avenue of approach.
- A fence or railing to mark the limits of a place, or to keep back a crowd.
- An any obstruction; anything which hinders approach or attack.
- Any limit or boundary; a line of separation.
More from this Section
- Army Service component command
Army Service component command— command responsible for recommendations to the joint ...
- Intelligence operations
Intelligence operations are the variety of intelligence and counterintelligence tasks ...
Aerometeorograph is an instrument that records the pressure and temperature of the air, ...
- Carrier air wing
Carrier air wing— two or more aircraft squadrons formed under one commander for administrative ...
- Physical security
Physical security refers to 1. That part of security concerned with physical measures ...