Barrier refers to a coordinated series of natural or man-made obstacles that is designed or employed to channel, direct, restrict, delay, or stop the movement of an opposing force and to impose additional losses in personnel, time, and equipment on the opposing force.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A fortress or fortified town, on the frontier of a country, commanding an avenue of approach.
- A fence or railing to mark the limits of a place, or to keep back a crowd.
- An any obstruction; anything which hinders approach or attack.
- Any limit or boundary; a line of separation.
More from this Section
- Warning intelligence
Warning intelligence— Those intelligence activities intended to detect and report timesensitive ...
Adequacy means the joint operation plan review criterion for assessing whether the scope ...
- Defensive counterair
Defensive counterair— all defensive measures designed to neutralize or destroy enemy ...
- Intelligence-related activities
Intelligence-related activities refer to those activities outside the consolidated defense ...
- Primary control officer
Primary control officer— in amphibious operations, the officer embarked in a primary ...