Barrier refers to a coordinated series of natural or man-made obstacles that is designed or employed to channel, direct, restrict, delay, or stop the movement of an opposing force and to impose additional losses in personnel, time, and equipment on the opposing force.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A fortress or fortified town, on the frontier of a country, commanding an avenue of approach.
- A fence or railing to mark the limits of a place, or to keep back a crowd.
- An any obstruction; anything which hinders approach or attack.
- Any limit or boundary; a line of separation.
More from this Section
- Visual information
Visual information refers to various visual media with or without sound that generally ...
- Identification, friend or foe
Identification, friend or foe— A device that emits a signal positively identifying it ...
- Need to know
Need to know refers to a criterion, used in security procedures that requires the custodians ...
- Joint counterintelligence unit
Joint counterintelligence unit— an organization composed of Service and Department of ...
- International Convention for Safe Containers
International Convention for Safe Containers— a convention held in Geneva, Switzerland, ...