Barrier refers to a coordinated series of natural or man-made obstacles that is designed or employed to channel, direct, restrict, delay, or stop the movement of an opposing force and to impose additional losses in personnel, time, and equipment on the opposing force.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A fortress or fortified town, on the frontier of a country, commanding an avenue of approach.
- A fence or railing to mark the limits of a place, or to keep back a crowd.
- An any obstruction; anything which hinders approach or attack.
- Any limit or boundary; a line of separation.
More from this Section
- Intelligence production
Intelligence production means the integration, evaluation, analysis, and interpretation ...
- Operation plan
Operation plan refers to 1. Any plan for the conduct of military operations prepared ...
- Collection requirement
Collection requirement refers to a valid need to close a specific gap in intelligence ...
- Joint requirements review board
Joint requirements review board refers to the joint task force or subunified commander’s ...
- Delegation of authority
Delegation of authority refers to the action by which a commander assigns part of his ...