Barrier refers to a coordinated series of natural or man-made obstacles that is designed or employed to channel, direct, restrict, delay, or stop the movement of an opposing force and to impose additional losses in personnel, time, and equipment on the opposing force.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A fortress or fortified town, on the frontier of a country, commanding an avenue of approach.
- A fence or railing to mark the limits of a place, or to keep back a crowd.
- An any obstruction; anything which hinders approach or attack.
- Any limit or boundary; a line of separation.
More from this Section
- Protective clothing
Protective clothing— clothing especially designed, fabricated, or treated to protect ...
Suspect refers to 1. In counterdrug operations, a track of interest where correlating ...
Returnee is a displaced person who has returned voluntarily to his or her former place ...
- Marshalling area
Marshalling area is a location in the vicinity of a reception terminal or pre-positioned ...
- Maritime security operations
Maritime security operations— those operations to protect maritime sovereignty and resources ...