Barrier refers to a coordinated series of natural or man-made obstacles that is designed or employed to channel, direct, restrict, delay, or stop the movement of an opposing force and to impose additional losses in personnel, time, and equipment on the opposing force.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A fortress or fortified town, on the frontier of a country, commanding an avenue of approach.
- A fence or railing to mark the limits of a place, or to keep back a crowd.
- An any obstruction; anything which hinders approach or attack.
- Any limit or boundary; a line of separation.
More from this Section
Telemedicine refers to rapid access to shared and remote medical expertise by means of ...
- Airspace coordinating measures
Airspace coordinating measures— Measures employed to facilitate the efficient use of ...
- Communications security
Communications security— the protection resulting from all measures designed to deny ...
- Personal protective equipment
Personal protective equipment refers to the protective clothing and equipment which is ...
Wing— 1. An Air Force unit composed normally of one primary mission group and the necessary ...