Barrier refers to a coordinated series of natural or man-made obstacles that is designed or employed to channel, direct, restrict, delay, or stop the movement of an opposing force and to impose additional losses in personnel, time, and equipment on the opposing force.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A fortress or fortified town, on the frontier of a country, commanding an avenue of approach.
- A fence or railing to mark the limits of a place, or to keep back a crowd.
- An any obstruction; anything which hinders approach or attack.
- Any limit or boundary; a line of separation.
More from this Section
- Clearance decontamination
Clearance decontamination is the final level of decontamination that provides the decontamination ...
- Track of interest
Track of interest— In counterdrug operations, contacts that meet the initial identification ...
- Base plan
Base plan is a type of operation plan that describes the concept of operations, major ...
- Technical review authority
Technical review authority— The organization tasked to provide specialized technical ...
- High-risk personnel
High-risk personnel— personnel who, by their grade, assignment, symbolic value, or relative ...