Barrier refers to a coordinated series of natural or man-made obstacles that is designed or employed to channel, direct, restrict, delay, or stop the movement of an opposing force and to impose additional losses in personnel, time, and equipment on the opposing force.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- A fortress or fortified town, on the frontier of a country, commanding an avenue of approach.
- A fence or railing to mark the limits of a place, or to keep back a crowd.
- An any obstruction; anything which hinders approach or attack.
- Any limit or boundary; a line of separation.
More from this Section
- Event matrix
Event matrix refers to a cross-referenced description of the indicators and activity expected ...
M-day— mobilization day; unnamed day on which mobilization of forces begins. ...
- Buffer zone
Buffer zone refers to 1. A defined area controlled by a peace operations force from ...
- Service-organic transportation assets
Service-organic transportation assets— transportation assets that are assigned to a ...
Downloading is an operation that removes airborne weapons or stores from an aircraft. ...