A central bank has the following list of definitive functions :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
Category: Banking & Finance
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Exchange rate overshooting
Exchange rate overshooting is a phenomenon whereby the exchange rate changes by more in ...
- Surety bond
Surety bond sometimes called a performance bond: insurance that guarantees that a contract ...
Reinsurance is an arrangement by which the primary insurer that initially writes the insurance ...
- Flexible-premium annuity
Flexible-premium annuity is an annuity contract that permits the owner to vary the size ...
- Capital Markets
Capital Markets are the financial markets in various countries in which various types ...