A central bank has the following list of definitive functions :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
Category: Banking & Finance
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Sushi bonds
Sushi bonds— Eurodollar, or other non-yen denominated, bonds issued by a Japanese corporation ...
- Branch banking
Branch banking is an arrangement in which a bank offers a full range of services from ...
- Reverse causation
Reverse causation is a situation in which one variable is said to cause another variable, ...
- Asset management
Asset management is the acquisition of assets that have a low rate of default and dicversificatrion ...
- Cumulative Dividends
Cumulative Dividends are a feature of preferred stock that requires all past dividends ...