A central bank has the following list of definitive functions :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
Category: Banking & Finance
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Beggar-thy-neighbor devaluation
Beggar-thy-neighbor devaluation is a devaluation that is designed to cheapen a nation's ...
- D/A (documents against acceptance)
D/A (documents against acceptance) refer to shipping documents presented to a bank on ...
- Acquisition of assets
Acquisition of assets are a merger or consolidation in which an acquirer purchases the ...
- Capital Mobility
Capital Mobility is the degree to which private capital moves freely from country to country ...
- Shareholder wealth maximization (SWM)
Shareholder wealth maximization (SWM) refers to the corporate goal of maximizing the total ...