A central bank has the following list of definitive functions :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
Category: Banking & Finance
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Monetary theory
Monetary theory is the theory that relates changes in the quantity of money to changes ...
- Weakening, deterioration, or depreciation of currency
Weakening, deterioration, or depreciation of a currency refers to a drop in the foreign ...
Absorbed used in context of general equities. Securities are "absorbed" as long as there ...
- Charter of incorporation
Charter of incorporation is a license to open and operate a commercial bank, issued by ...
- Dual banking system
Dual banking system is the system in the United States in which banks supervised by the ...