A central bank has the following list of definitive functions :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
Category: Banking & Finance
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Legal reserve
Legal reserve is a liability item on a life insurer’s balance sheet representing the ...
- Interest rate floors
Interest rate floors are put options on an interest rate. Interest rate floor refers to ...
Brokers is the agents for investors, they match buyers with sellers. ...
- Collecting Bank
Collecting Bank is any bank, other than the remitting bank, involved in processing the ...
- Asymmetric information
Asymmetric information is a situation which exists in all countries where all the consumers, ...