A central bank has the following list of definitive functions :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
Category: Banking & Finance
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Bank failure
Bank failure is a situation in which a bank cannot satisfy its obligations to pay its ...
- Financial intermediaries
Financial intermediaries is the institutions (such as banks, insurance companies, mutual ...
- Minority interest in consolidated subsidiaries
Minority interest in consolidated subsidiaries is the partial ownership interest that ...
- Loan review
Loan review is a process of periodic investigation of all outstanding loans on a bank’s ...
- Collection of a Bill
Collection of a Bill: Where an exporter hands a Bill of Exchange, which may be accompanied ...