A central bank has the following list of definitive functions :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
Category: Banking & Finance
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Net working capital concept
Net working capital is the current assets out of total current liabilities. It is used ...
- Fisher effect
Fisher effect is the outcome that when expected inflation occurs, interest rates will ...
- Measurement of Transaction Exposure
Transaction exposure measures gains or losses that arise from the settlement of existing ...
- Statement of changes in financial position
Statement of changes in financial position also referred to as a source and use of funds ...
- Government spending