A central bank has the following list of definitive functions :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
Category: Banking & Finance
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Federal Reserve System (the Fed)
Federal Reserve System (the Fed) is the central banking authority responsible ...
- Working Capital Guarantee Program
Working Capital Guarantee Program refers to a program conducted by the Ex-Im Bank that ...
- Trust Department Specialists
Specialists in a bank’s trust department provide a wide variety of customer services. ...
- Other-insurance provisions
Other-insurance provisions whose purpose is to prevent profiting from insurance and violation ...