A central bank has the following list of definitive functions :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
Category: Banking & Finance
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Acquisition of stock
Acquisition of stock is a merger or consolidation in which an acquirer purchases the ...
- Arm's length price
Arm's length price is the price at which a willing buyer and a willing unrelated seller ...
- Away from us
Away from us used in context of general equities, to characterize role of a competing ...
- Independent agency system
Independent agency system is a type of property and casualty insurance marketing system, ...
- Internet service sites
Internet service sites is the computer files or pages set up on the World Wide Web by ...