There are the following features of central bank :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
Category: Banking & Finance
More from this Section
- Rate-Capped Swap
A rate-capped swap involves the exchange of fixed rate payments for floating rate payments that are capped.
- Foreign Currency Account
Foreign Currency Account is deposit account expressed in a foreign currency maintained with a domestic bank.
- Issuing bank
Issuing bank is the bank which establishes a documentary credit at the request of the buyer, in favour of the beneficiary (the seller/exporter).
- Going-concern value
Going-concern value is the value of the firm as a whole over and above the sum of the values of each of its parts; the value of an organization’s
- Amount at risk
Amount at risk is the balance of the sum payable not covered by reserves, potentially falling on the net worth (net assets) of the company.
- Purchase Agreements (REPOs)
REPOs or repurchase agreements are a form of non-deposit sources of bank’s fund. The main purpose is to use of low risk bank assets ...
- Representative Money
Representative money alternatively called representative full-bodied money can be defined as the money that represent the commodity money to ...