A central bank has the following list of definitive functions :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
Category: Banking & Finance
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Bank Drafts
A bank draft is an order from one branch to another branch of the same bank to specified ...
- Going-concern value
Going-concern value is the value of the firm as a whole over and above the sum of the ...
- Sources and uses of funds method
Sources and uses of funds method refers to approach developed for estimating a bank’s ...
- Extended nonowned coverage
Extended nonowned coverage is an endorsement that can be added to an auto liability insurance ...
- The Foreign Exchange Market
The Foreign Exchange Market provides the physical and institutional structure through ...