A central bank has the following list of definitive functions :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
Category: Banking & Finance
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Central Bank
A central bank is an semi-independent autonomous government institution that conducts ...
- Loan strip
Loan strip is the sale of a portion of a large loan for a short period of time, usually ...
- Present discounted value
Present discounted value is the today’s value of a payment to be received in the future ...
- Point-of-Sale Transfers
Point of sale transfers allows, the user to pay funds (transfer) from their account to ...
- Captive insurer
Captive insurer is an insurance company established and owned by a parent firm in order ...