A central bank has the following list of definitive functions :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
Category: Banking & Finance
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
- Sharp measure
Sharp measure— calculates the average return over and above the risk-free rate of return ...
- American Depositary Receipt (ADR)
American Depositary Receipt (ADR) is a certificate of ownership, issued by a U.S. bank, ...
- Schedule rating
Schedule rating is a type of merit-rating method in which each exposure is individually ...
- Back-to-Back Loans
A back-to-back loan, also referred to as a parallel loan or credit swap, occurs when two ...
Perpetuity is a perpetual bond with no maturity date and no repayment of principal that ...