A central bank has the following list of definitive functions :
- The objective of the central bank is to the economic welfare of the country
- To take the responsibility of note issue
- It is the apex of the monetary and banking structure
- Determine the optimum level of money supply and control & deflation.
- It represents the government and functioning as a banker of the Govt.
Category: Banking & Finance
Share it: Cite
More from this Section
Dollarization is the replacement of a foreign currency with U.S. currency with U.S. dollars. ...
When a firm’s securities sell for less than their intrinsic, or potential, or long-run ...
- Special Purpose Vehicle
Special Purpose Vehicle is a legal corporate entity created to buy loans from banks. It ...
- Rate Sensitive Assets (RSAs)
RSA or rate sensitive assets are those assets whose value (Present value/PV or Future ...
- Compulsory insurance law
Compulsory insurance law protecting accident victims against irresponsible motorists by ...