Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
- Riegle Community Development and Regulatory Improvement Act
Riegle Community Development and Regulatory Improvement Act is the federal law passed ...
- Full-service interstate banking
Full-service interstate banking is the establishment of banks or bank ...
- Target financing rate
Target financing rate is the European Central Bank’s target for the overnight cash rate, ...
- Rational expectations
Rational expectations is the expectations that reflect optimal forecasts (the best guess ...
- Forward Contract
The forward market facilitates the trading of forward contracts on currencies. A forward ...