Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
Futures Contracts to buy something in the future at a price agreed upon in advance. First ...
- Cash Credits
In generally, when the banks take products and non-fixed assets for the security and sanctions ...
Stock is a security that is a claim on the earnings and assets of a company. ...
- Incoterms 2010
Incoterms 2010 is a set of 13 internationally standard trade terms which allows the parties ...
- Annual percentage rate (APR)
Annual percentage rate (APR) is the interest rate on a loan required to be quoted to a ...