Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
- Commercial Banks
Generally bank means commercial bank from the ancient period of time. These banks function ...
- Air Freight Consolidator
Air Freight Consolidator is an air freight carrier that does not own or operate its own ...
- Multiple line exclusive agency system
Multiple line exclusive agency system under this marketing system, agents who sell primarily ...
- Gross estate
Gross estate is the market value of the property that you own when you die. Gross estate ...
- Ex dock
Ex dock— followed by the name of a port of import. International trade term in which ...