Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
- Basel Committee on Banking Supervision
Basel Committee on Banking Supervision is an international committee of bank supervisors ...
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC)
Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) is a federal corporation that guarantees the ...
- Automatic funds transfer
Automatic funds transfer is a transfer of funds from one account or investment vehicle ...
- Adverse opinion
Adverse opinion is an independent auditor's opinion expressing that a firm's financial ...
- Credit unions
Credit unions are member-owned savings cooperatives, normally sponsored by a union, company ...