Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
- Peak season endorsement
Peak season endorsement is an endorsement to a business income policy for a business firm ...
- Personal liability insurance
Personal liability insurance is a liability insurance that protects the insured for an ...
- Corporate finance
The department of a corporation which is involved with company’s financial activities ...
- Disclosure rules
Disclosure rules is the laws and regulations that mandate telling the consumer about financing ...
- Revolving credit agreement
Revolving credit agreement is a commercial bank’s binding promise that the money will ...