Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
- Readjustment period
Readjustment period is one- to two-year period immediately following the breadwinner’s ...
- Cross exchange rates
Cross exchange rates represent the relationship between two currencies that are different ...
- Back-to-Back Loans
A back-to-back loan, also referred to as a parallel loan or credit swap, occurs when two ...
Debenture is an instrument for raising long-term debt. Debentures in India are typically ...
- Justice Department Merger Guidelines
Justice Department Merger Guidelines is the standards for evaluating the impact of a proposed ...