Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
- Account receivable financing
Account receivable financing— indirect financing provided by an exporter for an importer ...
- Bank failure
Bank failure is a situation in which a bank cannot satisfy its obligations to pay its ...
- Disclosure rules
Disclosure rules is the laws and regulations that mandate telling the consumer about financing ...
- Bank Merger Act of 1960
Bank Merger Act of 1960 is a law passed by the U.S. Congress that requires each merging ...
- Money center banks
Money center banks is the large banks in key financial centers (New York, Chicago, San ...