Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
- Agreement among underwriters
Agreement among underwriters is a contract among participating members of a syndicate ...
- World Bank
The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), also referred to as ...
Noting is a minute or memorandum made by a Notary Public on a Bill of Exchange which has ...
- Noninterest margin
Noninterest margin is the spread between noninterest income and noninterest expenses of ...
On January 4, 1999, 11 member states of the EU initiated the EMU. They established a single ...