Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
- Expenditure multiplier
Expenditure multiplier is the ratio of a change in aggregate output to a change in investment ...
- Bid and Ask Quotations
Interbank quotations are given as a bid and ask (also referred to as offer). A bid is ...
- Equipment breakdown insurance
Equipment breakdown insurance is an insurance that covers losses due to accidental breakdown ...
- Asset-based loans
Asset-based loans is the loans which secured by a business firm’s assets, particularly ...
- Commercial Invoice
Commercial Invoice is the basic document of international trade containing a record of ...