Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
Eurobank refers to a bank, or a bank department, which bids for time deposits and makes ...
- Nominal effective exchange rate index
Nominal effective exchange rate index refers to an index that uses actual exchange rates, ...
Redemption means paying off all the money borrowed under an agreement. ...
- Territorial approach
The territorial approach, also termed the source approach, focuses on the income earned ...
- Reciprocal exchange
Reciprocal exchange refers unincorporated mutual insuring organization in which insurance ...