Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
- Coordination-of-benefits provision
Coordination-of-benefits provision in a group medical expense plan that prevents over-insurance ...
- Planned investment spending
Planned investment spending is the total planned spending by businesses on new physical ...
Rebating is a practice—illegal in virtually all states—of giving a premium reduction ...
- Loan Document
Loan Document is a business contract by which a borrower and lender enter into an agreement. ...
- Cumulative Dividends
Cumulative Dividends are a feature of preferred stock that requires all past dividends ...