Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
- Unified tax credit
Unified tax credit is a tax credit that can be used to reduce the amount of the federal ...
- Bank holding companies
Bank holding companies is the companies that own one or more banks. ...
- Contingent obligation
Contingent obligation is a financial instrument whose issuer pledges to pay if certain ...
- Pure Conglomerate Merger
Pure Conglomerate Merger is a combination of firms in non-related business activities ...
- Fiduciary relationship
Fiduciary relationship is the an agreement between a bank and its customer in which the ...