Limit is a documentary credit limit is the maximum amount for which an importer may have balances outstanding under documentary credits at any one time.
Webster Dictionary Meaning
- The space or thing defined by limits.
- That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit one's ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
More from this Section
Allocation-of-income rules mean US tax provisions that define how income and deductions ...
- Foreign investment risk matrix (FIRM)
Foreign investment risk matrix (FIRM) refers to a graph that displays financial and political ...
- Export trading companies (ETCs)
Export trading companies (ETCs) is the organizational devices to aid bank customers in ...
- Avalisation of a Bill (Aval)
Avalisation of a Bill (Aval) is a bank’s guarantee to honour payment of a Bill of Exchange. ...
- Automated banking machine (ABM)
Automated banking machine (ABM) means one location that provides an automated teller machine ...