Meaning of 'king' (Webster Dictionary)
- A Chinese musical instrument, consisting of resonant stones
or metal plates, arranged according to their tones in a frame of wood,
and struck with a hammer.
- A chief ruler; a sovereign; one invested with supreme
authority over a nation, country, or tribe, usually by hereditary
succession; a monarch; a prince.
- One who, or that which, holds a supreme position or rank; a
chief among competitors; as, a railroad king; a money king; the king of
the lobby; the king of beasts.
- A playing card having the picture of a king; as, the king of
- The chief piece in the game of chess.
- A crowned man in the game of draughts.
- The title of two historical books in the Old Testament. - To supply with a king; to make a king of; to raise to
Meaning of 'king' (Princeton's WordNet)
- a very wealthy or powerful businessman
- preeminence in a particular category or group or field
Example in sentence:
- the lion is the king of beasts