Meaning of 'personal' (Webster Dictionary)
- Pertaining to human beings as distinct from things.
- Of or pertaining to a particular person; relating to, or
affecting, an individual, or each of many individuals; peculiar or
proper to private concerns; not public or general; as, personal
comfort; personal desire.
- Pertaining to the external or bodily appearance;
corporeal; as, personal charms.
- Done in person; without the intervention of another.
- Relating to an individual, his character, conduct,
motives, or private affairs, in an invidious and offensive manner; as,
personal reflections or remarks.
- Denoting person; as, a personal pronoun. - A movable; a chattel.
Meaning of 'personal' (Princeton's WordNet)
- concerning or affecting a particular person or his or her private life and personality
Example in sentence:
- a personal favor;
- a personal God;
- for your personal use;
- he has his personal bank account and she has hers;
- I have something personal to tell you;
- personal papers
- of or arising from personality
- indicating grammatical person
- intimately concerning a person's body or physical being