Meaning of 'rider' (Webster Dictionary)
- One who, or that which, rides.
- Formerly, an agent who went out with samples of goods to
obtain orders; a commercial traveler.
- One who breaks or manages a horse.
- An addition or amendment to a manuscript or other document,
which is attached on a separate piece of paper; in legislative
practice, an additional clause annexed to a bill while in course of
passage; something extra or burdensome that is imposed.
- A problem of more than usual difficulty added to another on
an examination paper.
- A Dutch gold coin having the figure of a man on horseback
stamped upon it.
- Rock material in a vein of ore, dividing it.
- An interior rib occasionally fixed in a ship's hold,
reaching from the keelson to the beams of the lower deck, to strengthen
- The second tier of casks in a vessel's hold.
- A small forked weight which straddles the beam of a balance,
along which it can be moved in the manner of the weight on a steelyard.
- A robber.